Canada Day Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Hi.

Millwoods Park Canada Day celebrations are underway. Rental radios are using the ED Electronics trunked system (see database).

This year's identified talkgroup is :

715-07

Anyone else picking up extra comms today?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I find Canada Day in Edmonton is one of the most radio busy days of the year. Not because of numerous high profile events but some radios and groups seem to be used only on Canada Day like the Park Rangers boat. Edmonton opened it's Emergency Operations Center and police activity was busy including the Community radio systems. Remember it was just a few years ago we had a Canada Day riot on Whyte Ave.

I looked at ED Electronics in the data base and could not see 715-07. rabrol who uses it?

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
I find Canada Day in Edmonton is one of the most radio busy days of the year. Not because of numerous high profile events but some radios and groups seem to be used only on Canada Day like the Park Rangers boat. Edmonton opened it's Emergency Operations Center and police activity was busy including the Community radio systems. Remember it was just a few years ago we had a Canada Day riot on Whyte Ave.

I looked at ED Electronics in the data base and could not see 715-07. rabrol who uses it?

I noticed it wasn't in the database as well.
I'm guessing it is part of a rental pool. Unfortunately I didn't get close enough to one of the radios to see which company it had been rented from. I'm kicking myself for not going up to one of the volunteers and asking to see the radio!

I noticed a TG assigned to parks & rec was lighting up on my Unitrunker monitor. Is that where you were hearing them?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to group 556 Bylaw Animal Control as well as many others. That group dispatches Animal Control, Park Rangers and Community Standards. It was very bust and the Rangers could easily have moved to 1857 and 1860 for tactical comms

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to group 556 Bylaw Animal Control as well as many others. That group dispatches Animal Control, Park Rangers and Community Standards. It was very bust and the Rangers could easily have moved to 1857 and 1860 for tactical comms

Interesting. I normally leave Animal Control blocked. Maybe I'll pay a little more attention.

I've been picking up activity on TG 1873. Sounds like a rec center. Have you heard it, or identified what it is exactly?

Rob

SCPD

QRT
I was picking up 04-057 ( millwoods community patrol ) Often . The only other time I can remember hearing them was on Halloween night.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
1873 is Commonwealth Rec Center. Units there can also go on the Commonwealth Stadium channels. 1873 is known as Channel 10. Then the Commonwealth frequencies start at 11.

Millwoods and Ottewell are now known as SecomPat 1 and 2. It is for Southeast Community Patrol. They also do community patrols on some weekends.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
1873 is Commonwealth Rec Center. Units there can also go on the Commonwealth Stadium channels. 1873 is known as Channel 10. Then the Commonwealth frequencies start at 11.

Millwoods and Ottewell are now known as SecomPat 1 and 2. It is for Southeast Community Patrol. They also do community patrols on some weekends.

Would you consider logging a database update Harry? Would be helpful to have the most up-to-date info available there...

Status
Not open for further replies.