Canadian Amateur License

Status
Not open for further replies.

mully

I would like to earn my license this summer and am open to advice. I have a background in electronics and am looking for an inexpensive/free study method. Any suggestions, or information about costs, etc? Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
there is a course in September run by RAC here in Calgary. or was it CARA? one of them. And they teach you everything you need to complete the cource hands on. The test is included in the cost. I think it was like 125$ or something.

That's what I plan on doing.
The Industry Canada database question this helps but its not the same as doing said things with a radio.

mully

That's a perfect solution!

there is a course in September run by RAC here in Calgary. or was it CARA? one of them. And they teach you everything you need to complete the cource hands on. The test is included in the cost. I think it was like 125$ or something.

That's what I plan on doing.
The Industry Canada database question this helps but its not the same as doing said things with a radio.

yyc_tbird_sc

The course is offered by CARA. I'm not sure who will be teaching it this year, but I took it last year and passed with a 96%. The cost of the course also covers club dues for the year.

sulk

Yea, my local club has a similar course in september too, only problem is that its in september ;p

Would be nice to have had it during the summertime.

Status
Not open for further replies.