Canadian Amateur Radio Study Guide PDF

MTouesnard

Feed Provider
Hey Everyone,

If this isn't aloud in this section please remove it but I happen to come across this Basic Amateur Radio Course PDF online after looking for some resources while trying to study for the exam.

https://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~ehashman/emcomm-ham-radio.pdf

It was like finding a gold mine! I studied that manual for three weeks plus doing the online test on the industry Canada website and I was able to finish my exam with a 87%

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Better suited to the "Getting Your License" board, so I moved it.

I also "stuck" it so it will stay near the top of the board.

Thank you.

radiosniffer

Premium Subscriber
There is a Free Course online for the basic and advance, email me and will send you a link

ve6kjm at gmail dot com
Great find "MT" and thanks for posting.
Ve6KJM, why did you not post the Free Course? Why the email only?

ThisIsOwl

Hey all. I am brand new to all this but I decided, since I am quarantined anyways and laid off, now would be the perfect time to finally get my license. I saw this guide and noticed the 2009 date on it. Just wondering, is most of the information still relevant? Is there things that I should look up on the side?

Thanks for the help!

BC_Scan

If you dont know this resource allready check out:
look at tab how to start.

va3ylb

We put up a completely free training class for Canadian basic license with slide decks, videos and practice quizzes. It's been getting extremely positive feedback and reviews - particularly from people who have dropped out from other training. We've had two groups of high-school age Scouts get their licenses with this material.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I'm not certain of the link Ve6KJM is referring to. But Along with the fantastic course va3ylb has posted, there is also This site for the Canadian basic and advanced courses. <---- Click on the blue writing ;)

Small thing.. ham is a word not an acronym.. (Like FRS is short for Family Radio Service, CB is short for Citzens Band, LMR is short for Land Mobile Radio etc). Ham is an informal nickname for an amateur radio operator that's been in use for over a century.

New hams should know that bit of history.

iowajm780

This is probably the best guide to get your licence. The pictures they used were great also and some were in colour as well. Is there some centre you have to go and take your test?.

T357A

Small thing.. ham is a word not an acronym.. (Like FRS is short for Family Radio Service, CB is short for Citzens Band, LMR is short for Land Mobile Radio etc). Ham is an informal nickname for an amateur radio operator that's been in use for over a century.

New hams should know that bit of history.
Not sure what that has to do with what I posted????

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Not sure what that has to do with what I posted?
I believe that the comment referred to the website that you linked to, not to something you posted in the thread.