Canadian Armed Forces P25 Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Borden recently put up a low band repeater which repeats units on the range to the Range Safety Net talkgroup on the P25 system.

PriorMike

Borden recently put up a low band repeater which repeats units on the range to the Range Safety Net talkgroup on the P25 system.

Interesting. Back in April during an FTX in Pet, when we would do our radio checks w' RC, I noticed that right after we stopped transmitting it sounded like there was a second break in squelch about a second or two later.

I've never heard that before. Maybe there is a system similar to Borden in Pet...?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. Back in April during an FTX in Pet, when we would do our radio checks w' RC, I noticed that right after we stopped transmitting it sounded like there was a second break in squelch about a second or two later.

I've never heard that before. Maybe there is a system similar to Borden in Pet...?
There is. Just today I'm hearing 48.700 as listed under the CFB Petawawa portion of the Renfrew County page repeating on range control 10351

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

ve5wil

Feed Provider
15 Wing Moose Jaw has the infrastructure for the SEARS system now. no luck with finding the CC. My Serco contact out there says the system is expected to be implemented by year end. That system is one not being administered by Serco so he isnt able to give more details yet. If / when i find it, I'll submit info.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I am starting to wonder if the Petawawa MP's went encrypted. They have been really quiet lately I just put my scanner back in Search Mode just incase they changed TG's.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
CFB Borden and LFCATC Meaford are both showing UHF channel ranges starting at 380MHz.

Might consider searching UHF as well as VHF if you're near a Base.

SCPD

QRT
CFB Borden and LFCATC Meaford are both showing UHF channel ranges starting at 380MHz.

Might consider searching UHF as well as VHF if you're near a Base.
CFB Wainwright has migrated from their old EDACS system and are reusing their 46*Mhz pairs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ve5wil

Feed Provider
does anyone know what flavor of p25 the SEARS system is/are? from what I was told from one of the radio techs at 15 wing (moose Jaw) it is a Mototrbo system with xpr3500 portables, and XPR5000e mobiles. The radios I can confirm as seen both mobile and portable units at the recent family day activities. The system i cant yet... cant seem to find anything in the 140-175mhz range while scanning (psr-800)

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
does anyone know what flavor of p25 the SEARS system is/are? from what I was told from one of the radio techs at 15 wing (moose Jaw) it is a Mototrbo system with xpr3500 portables, and XPR5000e mobiles. The radios I can confirm as seen both mobile and portable units at the recent family day activities. The system i cant yet... cant seem to find anything in the 140-175mhz range while scanning (psr-800)

If they're using xpr's, they're not on the SEARS system.

Start checking other frequency ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.