Canadian Basic Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty21

I'm having troubles remembering the flow chart for the transmitters / receivers diagrams when going through the questions. I've tried coming up with an acronym for each one but haven't had much luck.

I do have the latest Basic Study Guide. Suggestions on how to overcome this stumbling block?

Sent via Tapatalk

shifty21

I'll comment since no one had any thoughts. Just practice drawing them over and over again. It'll sink in.

Sent via Tapatalk

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Or reason it through. It generally is straight forward logic as to how basic radios work.

shifty21

Glad to hear you had no problem. For those people new to the hobby, remembering 5 flow charts is a challenge.

Sent via Tapatalk

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Ah, don't read anything in what I said. I didn't say I had no problem. A lot of people are new to the hobby and got it even with no electrical background. Instead of just memorizing the diagrams, try to understand the theory behind them. http://homepage.usask.ca/~bdb368/ham/basic/block_diagrams/index.html is one site that explains it. And as usual, I will try and encourage one to not just memorize the Basic exam, but go to a club course or find an Elmer that will make it easier to understand.

abear27

I have no interest in building my own equipment or electronic components (something I think the basic course goes way over board on). I ultimately just memorized the diagrams using the Hampuzzle software (HAMpuzzle V1.2 : Radio Amateurs of Canada) from RAC... The more you do it, the more clear it becomes and your understanding sinks in.

That USASK link is pretty good too, Robertmac!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.