Canadian Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

progplb

I am relatively close to Elreno Ok. and cannot pickup Canadian Co. SO. Have they changed from 155.805 tone 100.0 ?

I also would like some help setting up trunking systems on my BCT15 ..

fireant

They are still using the same freq. They have been pretty quite today however just heard them on there. I do have some trouble hearing them on my BCT 15 however it may be the antenna that I am using.

fireant

Last edited:

progplb

Thanks.. I changed the location of my antenna and I finally picked them up. Still pretty week. I work in the oil field and set my scanner frequencies up for the area I am in. (Good late nite entertainment) Currently have it setup for Elreno and surrounding areas. The location I am on is 3 north of I-40 Calumet exit and 1 west. I pickup Elreno PD very good. I noticed the state was on a trunked network and Have tried to set it up and have not had very good luck. Do any of you have any trunked networks setup with the BCT15 USAD files?

progplb

amature license

Also is there a place around here to take a class. Or do I have to do it all online. And where do you take the test here in Oklahoma.

AE5C

The Aeronautical Center Amateur Radio Club will have a technician licensing class starting in February.

Classes will be on Thursday evenings 6p - 8:30p at the OKCPD Training Center at NW9th and Portland in OKC.

You can contact Paul Thompson at 954-9044 or 833-2364. You can also email him at n5pt@arrl.net.

Hope this helps.

Allen

progplb

The Aeronautical Center Amateur Radio Club will have a technician licensing class starting in February.

Classes will be on Thursday evenings 6p - 8:30p at the OKCPD Training Center at NW9th and Portland in OKC.

You can contact Paul Thompson at 954-9044 or 833-2364. You can also email him at n5pt@arrl.net.

Hope this helps.

Allen

How many weeks are the classes. I have a very difficult schedule. I may have to look into online classes or self study

fireant

You can go to qrz.com and take the practice test. If for any reason you cannot take the class you can study and find out when they are going to be doing the testing and go and take the test on that night. I believe its $14.00 if I remember right. Hope this helps you out some. I have some files I will look for the 396T however you should be able to open them with the BCT15 software and they should work fine. What agency was you looking for? I will look and see if I still have them.

fireant

n5bew1

Thanks.. I changed the location of my antenna and I finally picked them up. Still pretty week. I work in the oil field and set my scanner frequencies up for the area I am in. (Good late nite entertainment) Currently have it setup for Elreno and surrounding areas. The location I am on is 3 north of I-40 Calumet exit and 1 west. I pickup Elreno PD very good. I noticed the state was on a trunked network and Have tried to set it up and have not had very good luck. Do any of you have any trunked networks setup with the BCT15 USAD files?

Your best bet for the state trunking is the Geary site which is actually just north of the Cherokee truckstop.
That has Troop A traffic and maybe Troop G not sure about that. I had a BCT-15 and it got the best of me and I sold it and went back to my BC780XLT.
If you can figure it out how to program them in Geary's control channels are
good luck

AE5C

How many weeks are the classes. I have a very difficult schedule. I may have to look into online classes or self study

Classes will run 10 or 11 weeks. There is a one or two day course up in Woodward run on the weekends if you are willing to travel.

progplb

Classes will run 10 or 11 weeks. There is a one or two day course up in Woodward run on the weekends if you are willing to travel.

Thanks guys for the help.. Where are the classes in Woodward that would be a much better choice doing it over the weekend.

You can send the trunking files to me at progplb@yahoo.com

What was the problem you had with the BCT 15 that you got rid of it?

n5bew1

Thanks guys for the help.. Where are the classes in Woodward that would be a much better choice doing it over the weekend.

You can send the trunking files to me at progplb@yahoo.com

What was the problem you had with the BCT 15 that you got rid of it?
The BCT 15 was more complicated than I wanted to deal with. Nothing technically wrong what I did get programmed worked just fine.

progplb

The BCT 15 was more complicated than I wanted to deal with. Nothing technically wrong what I did get programmed worked just fine.

I seem to be having the same problem with programing trunked systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.