Canadian CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonS

When you power on the scanner while holding down the PGM or PROG key, does the display show "uP BootVer:CF1.x"? If not, you don't have a "Canadian" PSR-500/600.

Did you download the correct ZIP file from the GRE America site? For a Canadian PSR-500/600 (indicated by the 'C' in the Boot version above), you should be downloading from the "PSR-500C/600C CPU Firmware 1.8" link.

Are you running the "CPUUpdater_PSR-500C-600C_U1.8.exe" file from the downloaded ZIP?

Most importantly, are you following the instructions within the EXE above? Note that the update procedures for the DSP and CPU are different.

scnnr

When you power on the scanner while holding down the PGM or PROG key, does the display show "uP BootVer:CF1.x"? If not, you don't have a "Canadian" PSR-500/600.

Did you download the correct ZIP file from the GRE America site? For a Canadian PSR-500/600 (indicated by the 'C' in the Boot version above), you should be downloading from the "PSR-500C/600C CPU Firmware 1.8" link.

Are you running the "CPUUpdater_PSR-500C-600C_U1.8.exe" file from the downloaded ZIP?

Most importantly, are you following the instructions within the EXE above? Note that the update procedures for the DSP and CPU are different.

I agree with Don's post. I downoload both files the 1.4 and the 1.8 cpu Canadian file for my PSR-500 C version.

I had a little problem also uploading the CPU version till I read the instructions. Once you run the test and have the right port selected, leave the programming cable plugged in and turn off the scanner. Hold down the pgm button while turning on the scanner.

Then you should click on update and it should work fine for you. The CPU one did take awhile , but less than a minute to update.

DonS

There is no C so should I use other update?

If there's no 'C' in the boot version display, you don't have a "Canadian" PSR-500/600 - you have a US version.

You need to download the non-C version of "PSR-500/600 CPU Firmware 1.8" from the GRE America site. Then you need to run the version of the EXE that is appropriate for your boot version. (There are two EXE files in the ZIP: one for boot versions 1.0 and 1.1, another for boot versions 1.4 and higher.)

Paz

Premium Subscriber
Canadian vs. U.S. version

If you're in Canada but have a U.S. version, how will the radio perform differently, compared to the Canadian CPU?

Kel

Good question,I have noticed on VHF reception is not as clear as when using previous firmware,I will monitor for the weekend then may switch back to upgrade 1.7.

Kator

Premium Subscriber
US CPU in Canada

I have a new PSR-500 (US ver). I'm showing boot F1.1 and applic F1.6. I want to upgrade firmware DSP 1.4 and CPU 1.8. I understand that there is a step change req'd for Canada. Can't locate a forum addressing this. Would appreciate any guidance in making the correction. Thanks,

Kator

mikey60

I have a new PSR-500 (US ver). I'm showing boot F1.1 and applic F1.6. I want to upgrade firmware DSP 1.4 and CPU 1.8. I understand that there is a step change req'd for Canada. Can't locate a forum addressing this. Would appreciate any guidance in making the correction. Thanks,

Kator

All you need to do is switch to Manual mode, Then press FUNC-F3. Scroll down to the item 3 from the top (BandPlan) . Press the left or Right arrow button to switch it to Canada (it will alternate between USA and Canada).

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.