Canadian Frequency Search by Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd1sq

Database Admin
A couple of years ago it was possible to go to a government web site, perform a geographic search and download a comma delimited file with, say, all the published frequency listings within a 40 kilometre radius of your location.

That functionality appears to have been crippled or very well hidden if you try to use the Industry Canada or Spectrum management sites today.

Does it still exist anywhere and, if so, could some kind soul provide a link for the location of the service?

(The Industry Canada Geographical Search web page produces either extremely limited results, no results due to your trying to acquire more that 1000 records or data in formats that aren't very helpful (Like frequencies in Hertz expressed in exponential format.)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TIA, Lee

kd1sq

Database Admin
Thanks for the link Blacktop - unfortunately I've tried it already and that was the link that was driving me nuts. You can't, for example, do a radius search for everything between, say, 0.1MHz and 1GHz because it'll return a complaint that it generates more than 1000 records. Danged if I can figure it out. I know I used to be able to do such a thing before they decided to modernize everything online.

Mciupa - thank you for that link - nice and useful - more so than the government's site is with its horrible limitations.

I think they must have decided to copy the FCC's web site and make everything less, rather than more, useful.

....a little later...

Hm, just tried Data Download and All Services - I'm seeing if that contains what's needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.