Canadian Snowbirds Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersonMBK

There's an airshow in Anderson on May 7th at 5PM at the Anderson Airport. The Canadian Snowbirds will be there, and from what I've read, they're great. Not a whole lot more information about it. It will be an interesting show, and make for good scanning. Kind of unusual for Anderson to have an airshow. Best of all, it's free.

AndersonMBK

Viking, I assume you live in Anderson? Any unusual airplanes, or helocopters, flying in lately? I saw an Embraer 145 a while back ago. I'm a few miles away, but still in the flightpath.

I'll be looking for the guy on the roof!

AndersonMBK

Snowbirds flying in to Anderson

The Snowbirds are flying into Anderson today, and possibly practicing before the airshow tommorow. There's supposed to be a paratrooping team from Fort Bragg (I think that's where they're from?) and some static displays. Not too sure when they'll be arriving. Should be fun.

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
The Snowbirds were great! Their primary frequency of 272.1 was active throughout the show. No other frequencies were heard in use by them. SCTAC-3 was used for security and parking.

Viking1

AndersonMBK said:
Viking, I assume you live in Anderson? Any unusual airplanes, or helocopters, flying in lately? I saw an Embraer 145 a while back ago. I'm a few miles away, but still in the flightpath.

I'll be looking for the guy on the roof!

There is an Apache that comes around from time to time... Not lately though...

Nothing abnormal, but we did have a natl guard 4 engine cargo aircraft come in and out late one night last week. Shook the whole damn neighborhood....

I have some great video of the airshow, I was standing at the end of the runway. I'll will post links later if anyone is interested, just need to find me a firewire cable to download it off of the camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.