Canadian Tire Motorsports Park - Bowmanville

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me how up to date this is in the database?
Canadian Tire Mosport Park Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I'm gonna be going there for a big race event at the end of August. Looking for all the main Operations channels that are active during big race weekends.

Marshals, Rescue, etc...

Or is everything that I need to hear for the weekend basically going to be between 450-470 Mhz, all mixed together between cars and operations...

Trying to make a list ready for the weekend, so I'm not programming by hand when I find everything I need. Shall I program everything in from the link above except for the obvious out of date stuff such as IMSA and Star Mazda series...

Admin...please don't move this to the sports Category, I'm looking to ask the locals here about what they may have instead of the sports in general.

I do know that they use a landline for the marshals to control tower, but they also use radios as well. It's a race weekend, I gotta be able to hear everything. :)

Thanks.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
If that is for the truck race..... I may have the listing I got earlier this year at a truck race in Dover, the team radios should be same as should the nascar officials, let me know if ya want me to dig it out, I can mail it to ya, don't have a scanner to send it electronically

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
If that is for the truck race..... I may have the listing I got earlier this year at a truck race in Dover, the team radios should be same as should the nascar officials, let me know if ya want me to dig it out, I can mail it to ya, don't have a scanner to send it electronically
Yes it is for the truck race. I should be good for the CTCC and the Porsche GT3 as i was at a race in June and they should hopefully be the same. Canadian Tire Series is also something of interest.

I'm also looking for updated CTMP frequencies also though incase the ones in the database are outdated.

Especially track marshals, rescue/safety/cleanup crews and pit lanes.

I like to have everything in my radio to get a heads up on some stuff. From what I gather some Track marshal calls go out over a landline and some go out over the radio. Working the sidelines as i do. I dont have time for search, research, save info. My eyes have to pay attention to whats happening on track.

The scanner at a race is a given. I use it as an extra tool. :)

Would like the active Marshall frequency for when not working the radio or learning the landline calls.

You can send me a pm with the frequencies you have if thats ok.

Last edited:

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Whatever you can confirm IdleMonitor, I'll update the CTMP list for the benefit of all.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
took a pic and hope it loads ok, its all I have for the trucks,,,,,

Attachments

• Trucks.JPG
    Trucks.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 835

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
Some of that info is for people that rent scanners already programmed, what is useful is the truck number, drivers name and the freqs for in-truck to pit comms.

hope it is useful to someone

Gary

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
No tones or codes.... just enter those, having said that, if you don't already have one,,,,, you will need a stubby antenna for those freqs, I tried using a standard rubber ducky and received all sorts of interference and switched back to my race stubby and was nice and clear.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
A lot of that stuff is there because of my monitoring it during past American Le Mans Series races, particularly the IMSA frequencies.

IMSA is no longer doing support work for Tudor United SportsCar (the entity that came from merging ALMS with the Rolex24 series) so those freqs can almost assuredly be ignored. Plus they won't be in use by NASCAR officials either.

Do the trucks use the road course or the oval?

Jay911

Feed Provider
Also: During ALMS races, flaggers/corner stations were on a closed-circuit wired loop for their headsets. 99% of the traffic I was able to receive, besides cars/teams, was IMSA Safety.

From my campsite on the outside of Turn 2 or Turn 3 (depending on the year), cars' simplex channels would fade out to unreadable by the time they were around Turn 5B onto the back straight. This was with a 396XT with a full stock antenna.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
A lot of that stuff is there because of my monitoring it during past American Le Mans Series races, particularly the IMSA frequencies.

IMSA is no longer doing support work for Tudor United SportsCar (the entity that came from merging ALMS with the Rolex24 series) so those freqs can almost assuredly be ignored. Plus they won't be in use by NASCAR officials either.

Do the trucks use the road course or the oval?
Yes. The truck series will be running the road course.

Any series IMSA, Mazda etc...tend to change frequencies from time to time. Especially IMSA control.

All that really should be listed for tracks are the on track operations ie. Marshals, safety, control tower etc..

Jay911

Feed Provider
IMSA Safety/Control used 451.4875 for track vehicles (Safety & Course Prep) for at least 5 years in a row that I went to ALMS at Mosport.

I would be 99% sure that "Channel 5" listed near the top of the Mosport/CTMP page in the RRDB will still be used for security. At the last ALMS race I was at 2 years ago, a hired security agency out of the GTA was providing gate security (the site security handles track and campsites) and was using DMR simplex.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
IMSA Safety/Control used 451.4875 for track vehicles (Safety & Course Prep) for at least 5 years in a row that I went to ALMS at Mosport.

I would be 99% sure that "Channel 5" listed near the top of the Mosport/CTMP page in the RRDB will still be used for security. At the last ALMS race I was at 2 years ago, a hired security agency out of the GTA was providing gate security (the site security handles track and campsites) and was using DMR simplex.
Hopefully I'll still have lots to listen to while there.

It's too bad the flaggers are on the closed circuit landline. They provide lots of good info of incidents etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.