Cancun

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have information on radio freqs for Cancun Police?? I know there is traffic police and federal Also anyone have the Fire Dept?? Freqs and or know anything about the fire dept, number of stations and locations other than the one on the BLV. Kukulcan in the hotel zone.
thank you in advance

Soccercoach

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Federal Police runs on a 380MHz TETRA, same case with the Army.

I'd be careful if I were you, the way things are in Mexico right now, the last thing I would like to have in a public place is a radio that can receive police or govt frequencies.

RayAir

Federal Police runs on a 380MHz TETRA, same case with the Army.

I'd be careful if I were you, the way things are in Mexico right now, the last thing I would like to have in a public place is a radio that can receive police or govt frequencies.

I believe they run secure Tetra because the drug dealers were coming on their conventional frequencies and threatening them. Probably don't matter, a lot of the cops are corrupt. Stay near the tourist area!

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
I believe they run secure Tetra because the drug dealers were coming on their conventional frequencies and threatening them. Probably don't matter, a lot of the cops are corrupt. Stay near the tourist area!

That's the case for most departments running conventional, unsecured systems. The Federales and some well-funded PD's are running digital and don't have those issues (San Pedro Garza Garcia is an example)

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
cancun

Well thanks for all the encouraging quotes, I have been to Cancun several times, never used a scanner there yet, did visit the local fire station in the hotel zone, they even gave me a Cancun Fd Tshirt, problem was no one really spoke English very well, so I couldnt find much out about the FD there, possible 2 stations, Anyway thanks for the help
Soccercoach

Status
Not open for further replies.