Canned responses on WSJT-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick59349

Hello,

I've got my computer all set up and running on FT-8 finally but I have a question regarding the TX macros for the canned responses during the automated QSO. The first is already filled in with my call sign and grid coordinates but the other 5 are empty. I think I figured out how to enter data in there but I have no idea what to put in there. I'm new to ham so most of the acronyms are greek to me so to say. I found some examples others use but they make no sense to me. Can somebody please give me some guidance?

Thank you.

Nick

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
For the 1st one your CQ already to go like you noticed. The others fill-in automatically depending on if you are responding to someone answering your CQ or responding to someone else's. The fill-ins have a somewhat structured format. Setup your radio to transmit into a dummy load or zero power and play with the limited access that gives you. On the air watch closely the exchange between two stations to see how the exchange flows.
Good Luck!
Mike

toolman60

As Mike said Tx6 will be for when you call CQ. Tx1-5 will auto populate with correct responses if you answer a station calling cq or if you click to answer a station calling you.

Sit and watch your WF for a couple minutes and watch an exchange or 2 between stations. You be on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.