Cannon County Frequency Info Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BH123424

Hi Folks,
My Mom's analog scanner stopped receiving the Police and Sheriff communications a few weeks ago. She has heard through the grapevine that Cannon County has converted from analog to digital. She can still receive the county fire and first responders broadcast and I checked the programming on the scanner and that looks OK.

I hope I can resolve her dilemma by getting her a digital scanner, but don't want to spend the bucks if it won't help. Anyone know if Cannon County has converted to digital?

If they have converted, I could use some advice on which scanner to get and where to get one. She is 84 and won't be doing anything complex. Just trying to keep up with what is going on around here.

Thanks in advance!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
They are licensed for DMR, so they may have turned it on. If you can hear digital growling then they are now DMR. You will need one of the following: Uniden - BCD436/536HP with paid DMR upgrade, BCD325/996P2 with paid DMR upgrade. Whistler - TRX-1 or TRX-2, WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, WS1098. Whistler scanners do NOT require an PAID upgrade.

Also, here are all the freqs on license KKD488:
155.5875 SO/Woodbury PD
154.7850 SO/Woodbury PD
154.7550 Statewide Regional Interop - will stay analog
155.3700 Statewide Interop - will stay analog

Woodbury license WPKN580:
Also licensed for FMN, and DMR Woodbury FD???

*Assuming they have not also encrypted!*

And there is also the VHF site for the TACN system - Short Mountain (Woodbury)

Last edited by a moderator:

smw87110

I know Cannon County is using DMR now and saw the updated information in the DB. I'm using SDR to receive and decode the DMR information. I'm currently getting LE traffic (stops, NCIC checks) as DMR traffic on the EMS analog frequency, 154.995. I'm not receiving anything on the DMR frequency 154.955.
I haven't listened to the LE dispatch frequency yet.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I know Cannon County is using DMR now and saw the updated information in the DB. I'm using SDR to receive and decode the DMR information. I'm currently getting LE traffic (stops, NCIC checks) as DMR traffic on the EMS analog frequency, 154.995. I'm not receiving anything on the DMR frequency 154.955.
I haven't listened to the LE dispatch frequency yet.

I think they may now be sharing all of the freqs now.... If anyone logs the dispatch as say EMS on one slot, SO on the other etc... Please do submit this data, and TG info. TY

smw87110

Ok. The only thing I have heard on this frequency so far is LE, but not sure if it is CCSO or WPD. Everything has been TG 200, RID 100s-200s and Dispatch RID is 911.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ok. The only thing I have heard on this frequency so far is LE, but not sure if it is CCSO or WPD. Everything has been TG 200, RID 100s-200s and Dispatch RID is 911.

Now that is cute.... 911 is the Dispatch console RID.... :) CCSO dispatches all LEA as far as I know. Consolidated. I believe the same Dispatch Center is also doing EMS, not sure if all FDs are consolidated under it also yet. Same thing is catching on all over... Sumner County will be consolidated by end of summer, and looking like going to TACN.

Last edited by a moderator:

smw87110

More info

Today I'm getting good traffic. Seems TG 200 is LE on Slot 1, TG 800 is EMS on Slot 2, all on 154.995. Still haven't heard anything from fire on the fire channels or on this one.

smw87110

Still haven't heard anything regarding fire department calls but I have been at work and not actively monitoring. Computer is logging everything for review later. I did see there was a private call made that was encrypted, so we know that capability exists.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
How do you have it programmed? I was doing one channel setup and caught EMS and SO traffic but no TGs (obviously).

smw87110

I have it running through DSD+ On my laptop as a single frequency. It is decoding the TGs and RIDs and Slot numbers and decodes the digital audio. I dont have a scanner that can do DMR and don't really want to buy another at the moment so SDR was the best way to go for me at the moment.

smw87110

They are really starting to put their new system through testing. Probably should have been done before going live on it but oh well. DSDPlus decoded text messaging, and there are logs for radio stun and radio kill, remote monitoring, call alerts and all kinds of private calls and all calls.

BH123424

I appreciate the information regarding Cannon County. From what I gather a Whistler WS1098 would allow my Mom to hear Cannon County Police and Sheriffs communication and would NOT require an PAID upgrade.

In the past, Mom has not wanted to hear broadcast from surrounding counties, airplanes, or shortwave broadcast. Just the local police, fire, and emergency. I took a look at the reviews for the WS1098 and it looks like I should download an application, such as ARC500, and manually program in the frequencies that I will find in the databases on this site I should be OK. Is this pretty much correct?

I will be programming this from my home in a different state and taking it to her house. She does not have and internet connection.

One other question. Will the WS1098 pick up analog communications, too?

Again, THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.