cannont open sdrsharp program

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrubin2007

I installed the sdrsharp program following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide from rtl-sdr.com. However, when I click on the sdrsharp.exe to open the program I get the following message:

Windows cannot open file.
To open file windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it.....

What have I done wrong in the installation and what can I do to fix it so I can open the file to use the program. Thank you in advance for your help.

BM82557

The file named SDRSharp.exe is actually an config file (see yellow highlighted line in screenshot). The actual program is just labeled SDRSharp and is the application (see line circled in red in the screenshot) and is the one you want.

Last edited:

rrubin2007

cannot open sdrsharp

Thank you for your quick response. I realized that what I was trying to open was a config file so I tried the icon that you indicated in your response. I get searching for the file but it then does not open at all. I then decided to put the program on my intel desktop with an icore 3 processor and I have not had any trouble installing it at all. The installation went as described in the quick start guide without a flaw. The program works great! I still would like to put the program on my other computer which has an AMD Athlon II 635 quad-core processor running windows 7. I do not know why it just does not work on that computer. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate them, Once again, thank you for your quick response.

rrubin2007

Still having problems installing and opening sdr

I have been trying to install the SDR Sharp program on my windows 7 computer which has an AMD Athlon II 635 Quad-Core processor. When I get to the part where you replace the driver. the USB ID is 046D (vid) and C31C (pid) which is my Logitech keyboard and when I try to open the program it does not open at all. How can I correct this situation. When I plug in the dongle it is recognized in the task bar under hidden icons so it is there, but the driver cannot be recognized to open the program. It is probably somewhere on my computer but I do not know where it is and how I can associate it with the sdr program.I have installed the program on an Intel iCore 3 windows 8 computer with no problems at all and the program works great! In fact on the windows 8 computer the USB ID is 0BDA (vid) and 2838 (pid) which it is suppose to be. Why do I get different USB ID on each computer. It appears that the USB ID on the windows 7 computer prevents it from opening the program. I would like to install the program on my windows 7 computer also. Any help would be appreciated in solving this problem. Thanks in advance for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.