Cannot back click to main forum topic web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

kscott

Premium Subscriber
Started having this problem a couple days ago with Win 8.1 Metro IE11. Has always worked fine before. My problem or your?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I can't get it to revert back no matter how many times I click on the reverse arrow, something wrong with site??...

bama9999

I have the same issue. In Internet Explorer, when you click and hold the back arrow to go back multiple pages, it shows the next page back as "http://forums.radioreference.com/adminic". That's the page it won't go back to, so you have to jump back by holding on the back arrow button.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Same Here
Have to back click numerous times before it will back up.
Sometimes not at all. Have to close the page and start over.
Started a few days ago for me as well.
Windows 8, IE11

Hope someone recognizes the problem and corrects it.
Tom

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Google Chrome version 35 has no issues. I tried IE 11 on a Windows7 and I went back no problem.

Using the back arrow isn't always a good idea. I've seen a few double posts in the forums due to peoples back button habit. :(

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm not sure what any of you are describing so I must not use it. Please describe steps to recreate so I can verify it.

InlandAZ

I'm not sure what any of you are describing so I must not use it. Please describe steps to recreate so I can verify it.

I have the same issue - once you exit a thread, the content of the back arrow contains a URL to: forums.radioreference.com/adminc... which makes it impossible to exit the forum.

This only occurs with Internet Explorer, and has been a well documented bug for years. Why it started showing here, I couldn't tell you.

Attachments

• RR_Outside_Thread.png
    RR_Outside_Thread.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 250

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Agreed. I've never seen this issue so I'll chalk it up to being browser-centric.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Pretty hard to look thru the threads and then try to go back to a new topic, never had this problem in all the years been using this great site.....

SCPD

QRT
back up

What they are talking about is using the back button on the browser to back a page.
As an example, if I'm looking at the Uniden Scanner forum, hitting the back button should take back to the Forums main page list of forums.

The back up is not working sometimes.
I have the problem also.
I simply click on the "breadcrumbs" on the top of the screen.
Not a difficult thing to work around.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The problem seems to be repaired, working fine now so thank you to who ever repaired it.....I visit this web site every day and it has provided me with the greatest info for this hobby and finest people.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Forum Problem

Once I click on the Forum headline and read the threads I cannot go backwards and read other links, I have to scroll back up and start over in "Forums"?....Is it just me or others also....Thank You

mrkelso

Once I click on the Forum headline and read the threads I cannot go backwards and read other links, I have to scroll back up and start over in "Forums"?....Is it just me or others also....Thank You

its been acting weird like indicating new messages in the forums when there are none. maybe a reboot is needed.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I merged your thread with the existing one which you participated in; please do not start new threads when the same exact topic exists within the past year. Being this doesn't affect everyone this doesn't point to it being our problem (as already stated).

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
bama9999 said:
I have the same issue. In Internet Explorer, when you click and hold the back arrow to go back multiple pages, it shows the next page back as "http://forums.radioreference.com/adminic"
Please try pressing the back arrow on your keyboard,might work better for ya :) (The key next to the + sign @ the top)

Status
Not open for further replies.