Cannot connect to RR's database

Status
Not open for further replies.

padre29

I have a BC396D and I am having a problem connecting to the RR database to update the digital freq's.

I've tried Bctools and received and error message, and tried Proscan and the program tried to connect to RR and it never completes the connection.

The BCD has the older serial cable and I can access the database as a premium member.

Firmare version is 3.02.02.

Can someone point me in the proper direction to solve this?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
More correctly;

ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

for FreeScan - but ProScan should work just fine. We have a reserved thread for ProScan issues called the 'Official ProScan Software Thread' (don't just look at new posts, or it's likely you won't see it) - please post there, and be specific about the error message you get. Bob is here frequently, so it shouldn't take long to get an answer

73 Mike

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
RR Problems

I have a BC396D and I am having a problem connecting to the RR database to update the digital freq's.

I've tried Bctools and received and error message, and tried Proscan and the program tried to connect to RR and it never completes the connection.

The BCD has the older serial cable and I can access the database as a premium member.

Firmare version is 3.02.02.

Can someone point me in the proper direction to solve this?

Bctool will not work with the import function, the author of the program is in the middle of re-writing the whole Bctool program and when finished the new Bctool will be released to the public for free.
Steve

padre29

Bctool will not work with the import function, the author of the program is in the middle of re-writing the whole Bctool program and when finished the new Bctool will be released to the public for free.
Steve

Thanks, I found a work around using Mozilla and Cut and Paste though.

The download function may not work correctly, C&P into a New System did.

Now if only I could get the APCO25 system to work properly, it seems to be slightly off, I'll receive the first portion of a Digital transmission but the scanner then just stops following the signal.

As for "how" with BcTools:

Open Firefox>connect to the internet>radio reference>database>right click on desired channels>copy>close mozilla>BcTools>open programming>export to>new system>left click>choose paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.