Cannot Find a Diplexer for ~100-500 and ~700-1000 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I’ll post up the results once I sweep it. I haven’t set it up yet, waiting on a few patch cables that I’m too lazy to make myself.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I wish you would have mentioned what you were ordering before you ordered. Here is the inside of a US Communications antenna adapter and they make similar units for multiband antenna diplexing. This unit doesn't even follow the basic criteria for a Wilkinson divider. You might open yours to see what's in it. If its just lengths of coax I would send it back. Or sweep it to see how bad it is first, then send it back, unless it has coils and caps for low, band and high pass.

View attachment 88605

View attachment 88606

Isn't that a combiner and not a diplexer? From the tag it appears to be for those covert license plate frame dual antenna setups some alphabet agencies used to use. Can't imagine those working exactly great for any distance, but I guess that didn't really have to. A combiner is made to take all the power and split it between 2 ports, which appears to be exactly what that is doing. Not saying it's the greatest setup, but it is what it was built to be.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Yeah those old “bumper antenna” systems SUCKED !!!!! It made the Sti-co glass mount antenna seem like a Bentley. Even when everyone would rip the mast off because they screamed cop.

prcguy

Yes its a 2-port combiner but in its simplest form and without a 100 ohm bridging resistor between output ports like it should have. A friend bought one of the companies dual bumper antenna setups once and it was grim on air. I suppose its ok in an undercover car for PD with a large radio system that saturates the city with RF, but for anything else its a dummy load. After spending a lot of $$ he ripped it out and tossed in the trash can.

Isn't that a combiner and not a diplexer? From the tag it appears to be for those covert license plate frame dual antenna setups some alphabet agencies used to use. Can't imagine those working exactly great for any distance, but I guess that didn't really have to. A combiner is made to take all the power and split it between 2 ports, which appears to be exactly what that is doing. Not saying it's the greatest setup, but it is what it was built to be.

Ubbe

That label that says that it is a diversity for license plate antennas must be a joke.
I could image that the coaxes used could be 75 ohm or something to make this some kind of impedance matching stacking cabling, if it wasn't for the too short coax lenghts.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.