Cannot get Pro-18 iScan to shut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingcat12001

Premium Subscriber
I cannot get my Pro-18 RS iScan to shut off, cannot get it to update either, 2 of my computers aren't getting response from scanner as well, what do I do to at least get it to shutoff? Even took batteries out for an hour, still cannot get it to power off...
Attached picture is what I get and scanner will not shut off no matter what I try, never had this problem before when I try to update it.

Attachments

• RS3.JPG
    RS3.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 411

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It's waiting for firmware update from the server. It may not be available for a while because it appears the server is down.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Make sure the batteries are out and that it is unplugged from the power/USB cord that is connected to the computer. Then it should go off since there is no power going to the scanner.

Last edited:

sterlingcat12001

Premium Subscriber
I did do that, batts out and unplugged, when I plug it back in or put batts back in, it comes back on without myself hitting the power button. looks as if it goes back waiting on USB

sterlingcat12001

Premium Subscriber
Weird it is, back when I first got it a year ago it acted normal, this all started yesterday. Back when I last updated, I updated CPU firmware update, it stayed on, I updated DSP firmware and after that It went off, then I did the library update, disconnected and all was fine. It wasn't dropped on the ground/floor or anything, this is why it stumps me, I might have to send it in again 2nd time to see what's going on.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well if the firmware display say "None", then your going to need wait to complete the download. The Pro-18 will not start-up without the firmware. It was in the process by initializing the firmware memory for the updated firmware or just a replacement of the original. Unfortunately, the server is needed to complete the process.

Haley

In this thread their is discussion of a firmware update for the Pro 18? Did I miss something? I didn't think the Pro 18 ever had an update. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.