Cannot hear any radio traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerHead44

I just received my BCD996P2 this morning. I am inputting frequencies by hand as I do not currently have a USB or a Windows computer. I live in Wake County and can hear the Town of Cary well(mainly public works, not much traffic on the fire channel before I left). I also programmed in Wake County Simulcast(control channels only) and VIPER Creedmoor site, but I can't hear anything on either. Scanner is at my bedroom window, stock antenna only. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand, programming rebanded systems (like Wake TRS) by hand is difficult. I do not have a Uniden and am not familiar with the programming of those units by hand. Also, I would suggest you try the West Raleigh VIPER tower and see if that works for you.

ScannerHead44

From what I understand, programming rebanded systems (like Wake TRS) by hand is difficult. I do not have a Uniden and am not familiar with the programming of those units by hand. Also, I would suggest you try the West Raleigh VIPER tower and see if that works for you.
Thanks! One more question, do you know what USB cable I need to get? Is it universal?

Here's a link to FREEscan, which will help you program the system.

ScannerHead44

I was able to get my hands on a laptop with Windows, and was able to update my firmware from 1.06 to 1.08.01. I was also able to use the ARC XT software to upload all the talkgroups I want to listen to! Thanks fellas for all of your helpful assistance!!!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Glad to hear you got the laptop and software. Just for your info, it isn't that difficult to program manually with a few basic talkgroups.. In the BCD996P2, program Wake Co as a MOT system with a Custom bandplan:
Lo Freq | Hi Freq | Step | Offset
851.0250 | 854.0000 | 25.0 | 440
851.0125 | 868.9875 | 25.0 | 0
I have ARC-XT. If you need any help, you can attach your programming files and I will take a look at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.