Cannot Hear Transmission Anmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopyThat

Hello, I have done something to my BCD 396XT scanner messing around with it, trying to learn it. I hope someone can help me out. I am not sure how to ask this question but I will try.
"I have messed up a setting, but have no idea what I have done" What is is doing is this:
It chops off the officer and chops off the response from dispatch. I used to be able to hear both sides long enough. Now I only hear a second or two on each side. What have I done? How do I make the transmission time longer so I can hear the conversation again, and not just a second or two of it.
Many Thanks, Dave

jclarkr6

Do you have the Priority and/or Wx Priority feature(s) turned on? If so, turn them off and see if that fixes the problem.

If turning off Priority and/or Wx Priority didn't fix the problem, then we need to know more information about your situation. Is there always a regular break in the radio traffic? How long is the period that you can't hear anything? How long is the period when you can hear something? Are you trying to monitor conventional or trunked radio traffic? Are you using CTCSS, DCS, or NAC codes while monitoring the frequency?

Let's see if one of the priority features is our culprit here and if it's not, then provide us with some more information and hopefully the forum can help.

CopyThat

Thanks Will Try Some Things

Thanks for the info. I will try the things mentioned. Thanks!

rvictor

Also make sure that you don't have the Delay Time set to a negative value. If it is, the scanner stops for the set time and then resumes regardless of whether the transmission has ended.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.