Cannot Install EZ Scan PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a PSR-800n and already I LOVE it. Gets in signals my Unidens couldn't even touch. I can figure out how to program most things manually on the radio. But it would be easier to do somethings with the EZ Scan software. So I tried to download it to my computer yesterday and I couldn't. Put the CD ROM in my computer (OS Windows 7) and when the screen came up to install the EZ Scan software I just heard a lot of noise on my CD Rom drive then a message came up "Error Code 740 Error Launching E\software\setup.exe". I tried restarting my computer, no go. I put in a music CD to make sure my CD ROM drive works and it does. So what gives??

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
I had the same problem with the CD that came with my unit - it wouldn't install. So I went to the GRE site and found an update package which I downloaded and installed. I assume the original software on the CD was unable to work on a 64 bit version of Windows 7, which is what I have. No big deal, took about ten minutes.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much for showing me the online Download. Now it works! Ok so I have a question...When I change something in EZ Scan and it says it imports from the library and I change all the setting on EZ Scan, how do I get those changes to take effect in my radio?
Do i select the tab that says Copy Configuration to Scanner-SD Card? And if I only modify one scanlist, will that erase the other scanlists I modified manually without the software?

rwier

Do i select the tab that says Copy Configuration to Scanner-SD Card?

Yes

And if I only modify one scanlist, will that erase the other scanlists I modified manually without the software?

Probably options involved here. Radios are in the truck for the night, and I'm feeling lazy, lol.

However, what I do is load up what I have IN the radio TO the EZScan software FIRST. Then make modifications. Then send all back to the scanner. If this wipes out all on the scanner and replaces with the new modified configuration, I will have lost nothing. In fact, that is what is desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.