Cannot Locate Misplaced License from 1986-1987

Hello All,
Hope my post is acceptable.
I obtained a license, believe it was a Novice, maybe Technician, back in 1986 or 87. I do recall taking the Morse Code section.
Been trying to locate my call sign from then, but my WABAC Machine is not locating it.
Tried the FCC ...UlsSearch/searchAmateur... search, but found nothing.
Seems it would be archived somewhere, can anyone assist?
I'll provide additional details as requested.
Thank you,
Ron Winter

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Ron,

If your call was not renewed. It will not be valid. The good news is you can retake the exam, no Morse code necessary. If you do find your old call letters, you may be able to get your old call as a vanity call, depending on your class of license.

k5xs

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
Hope my post is acceptable.
I obtained a license, believe it was a Novice, maybe Technician, back in 1986 or 87. I do recall taking the Morse Code section.
Been trying to locate my call sign from then, but my WABAC Machine is not locating it.
Tried the FCC ...UlsSearch/searchAmateur... search, but found nothing.
Seems it would be archived somewhere, can anyone assist?
I'll provide additional details as requested.
Thank you,
Ron Winter
Ron,

What was/is your full name ("Ronald"?) and in what U.S. state were you receiving mail?

Bernie K5XS

Ron,

If your call was not renewed. It will not be valid. The good news is you can retake the exam, no Morse code necessary. If you do find your old call letters, you may be able to get your old call as a vanity call, depending on your class of license.
Found it - KB7BWR. I never did renew it. I'll need to start over, been a long time. At least this time I won't have to drive the family crazy listening to me practice Morse Code, lol.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Your call will be available as a vanity call. When you pass your test, the FCC will assign you a call. Then you can apply for KB7BWR as a vanity call. Good Luck.