cannot program BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcsr218

I purchased a BCD235P2 back in 2017 I think. I cannot program my local Baltimore County Fire and Police correctly. Tried downloading the zip file from Uniden and cannot i zip it. Tried manually and on and on so off it went into a drawer until I went looking for it the other day. Can anyone program this for me who is local to the Baltimore Maryland area? No problem paying what the fee would be and gladly drop it off and pick it up. I simply want this programmed correctly so I can use it.
Thank you to anyone who responds,
John

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm sure you mean the 325 not 235....anyway, the database shows that the system has undergone a huge change - there is no more north and south site - it's all one simulcast system...

This is a system that will present challenges for that radio because (depending on where you are), simulcast systems are not handled by that scanner very well. You should really learn how to program it yourself; what happens if you want to change the programming after awhile (and we all do)?

You can start by reading the links - always in blue - found here...

Posting questions in the Maryland forum is a much better place to ask for help - and I will recommend this thread be moved there. That's where locals will be able to help you more....Mike

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a BCD235P2 back in 2017 I think. I cannot program my local Baltimore County Fire and Police correctly. Tried downloading the zip file from Uniden and cannot i zip it. Tried manually and on and on so off it went into a drawer until I went looking for it the other day. Can anyone program this for me who is local to the Baltimore Maryland area? No problem paying what the fee would be and gladly drop it off and pick it up. I simply want this programmed correctly so I can use it.
Thank you to anyone who responds,
John

What program are you trying to use to program the scanner (Prosacan, Freescan, etc)? With the software and RR subscription you shouldn't need anything from Uniden. I have used the 325 before and I think it's a great scanner although haven't used one in Baltimore County (Baltimore native and former resident).

tvengr

Well Known Member
What programming software are you using? Depending on your location, you may have problems receiving Baltimore County due to simulcast distortion using the BCD325P2. The only scanners that work at my location are the Uniden SDS100 and SDS200..

Last edited:

jmcsr218

Thank you all for responding. Yes I did mean model 325 not 235 but it seems it might not be the best scanner for Baltimore County MD. I will seek out the Maryland forum maybe sell this one and get a more county friendly scanner.
Thank you

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you tell me what programming software you are using, I may be able to help you with a file to see if the scanner works at your location. If you don't have software, you can install FreeSCAN which is a free program. Downloads - Sixspot Software Let me know if you install the software. I have FreeSCAN, ProScan, and ARC-XT. I am in Baltimore County.

Last edited:

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
More county friendly scanner?

Baltimore CountyProject 25 Phase I

should be easily programmed into your scanner using software...

The issue with the 325 that was alluded to in Baltimore County is simulcast distortion. It's not that it couldn't be programmed for the system, but how well will it be decoded. I am probably about 35-40 miles away from the closest corner of Baltimore County and receive the system fine with a 536, but I could imagine someone in the heart of B-Co having issues with the same scanner.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The real answer may be the SDS100 and 200 - but they aren't real user friendly, from what I've seen. There's quite a learning curve to them. But they are the only ones that may be able to handle the simulcast issues. Of course, this depends on where you are in Baltimore county.... you might get them clearly at home, but take the scanner on the road and things start sounding bad....Mike

tvengr

Well Known Member
The real answer may be the SDS100 and 200 - but they aren't real user friendly, from what I've seen. There's quite a learning curve to them. But they are the only ones that may be able to handle the simulcast issues. Of course, this depends on where you are in Baltimore county.... you might get them clearly at home, but take the scanner on the road and things start sounding bad....Mike
I have files for Baltimore County and the surrounding counties. If the OP lets me know what programming software he has, we can find out if the scanner works at his location.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That gets you started, but if you really want to do it right, it seems using Sentinel is the way to go. Fortunately there is an Easier to Read manual for it.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
That gets you started, but if you really want to do it right, it seems using Sentinel is the way to go. Fortunately there is an Easier to Read manual for it.

ProScan also works great :) I find it way more intuitive than Sentinel and much less tedious.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
jmcsr218 try before you buy! Don't run out and spend $700.00 on a new scanner you might not need. It's true that the newer SDS100 & 200 handle simulcast better than previous models, previous models worked well for many of many of us and yours might too! Your system only show having one site so I don't think that will be a problem. Early generation P25 digital scanners worked very well for me for over a decade in a simulcast system that has nine sites and now has 12. While mobile in the SUV not so much but at home they all worked as good as my SDS200. So take the time to try your BCD325P2 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.