BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Cannt pick up local conv. or digital chanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

a23051coug

Just received my BCD436. I used sentinel and created 2 favorites list. 1 covers the conv systems for my county and surrounding counties. The second is for our state digital system. I also included the state digital tower site freqs. My problem is that I can not pick up our local conv channels(miner disp. and miner fire). I can't pickup up our local digital channels(Miner So or other counties). I have them downloaded and set to monitor. I do pickup State digital traffic but it's spotty(brookings interagency). I also have the correct service types set on my sentinel software but not all of them are active on the scanner itself. The scanner will not allow me to turn them on. I live South Dakota, Miner Co. Please help. Very frustrated. Please help.

SCPD

QRT
help

Just received my BCD436. I used sentinel and created 2 favorites list. 1 covers the conv systems for my county and surrounding counties. The second is for our state digital system. I also included the state digital tower site freqs. My problem is that I can not pick up our local conv channels(miner disp. and miner fire). I can't pickup up our local digital channels(Miner So or other counties). I have them downloaded and set to monitor. I do pickup State digital traffic but it's spotty(brookings interagency). I also have the correct service types set on my sentinel software but not all of them are active on the scanner itself. The scanner will not allow me to turn them on. I live South Dakota, Miner Co. Please help. Very frustrated. Please help.

Wipe out the scanner,full reset. Update database then enter your zipcode,report back.Enable all quickkeys!

phask

Premium Subscriber

ct service types set on my sentinel software but not all of them are active on the scanner itself. The scanner will not allow me to turn them on. I

That line indicates that those service types are not in the favorite list you have created. I'd check it or re-create it.

Make sure all is up to date as already suggested.

Your local conv. is a;; of 2 channels :) - I'd turn ctss of on the dispatch in case it's wrong - make sure muti-dispact is on.

It may just be receive issue as you indicate "scratchy". Can you get WX OK?

a23051coug

By doing that would I just use the scanner itself instead of sentinel. By enabling all quick keys, do you mean for all favorites,systems and groups. currently I have no quick keys for systems or groups just quick keys for my to favorites list. I know it's a dumb question

SCPD

QRT
yes

No,in your software there is an option to turn on all talkgroups and quick keys as well look in Freescan,they arent enabled therefore they are zooming past.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

How bout setting the digital frequency as a single frequency P25 trunk system. Put the new system in iD Search mode with NO DELAY or P25 Wait time.

Status
Not open for further replies.