Can't change modulation mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

campd715

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden 996. While attempting to set up a custom search of the military air band (225.0 to 379.975) into the custom 10 slot I am unable to change the modulation mode. It seems to be stuck on FM, and won't change, even though I am selecting the AM mode. I can't change to any other mode for that matter. This seems to be recent behavior for reasons unknown to me.

I then set up this exact custom search in the custom 1 slot. I selected AM mode and it displayed AM as it should. It appears I have a problem with custom slot 10.

Has anyone else experienced this issue ?

Any (helpful) suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Last edited:

k2ns

Are you manually programming the radio, or are you using programming software ??? I just tried it using the UASD Uniden software with no problem. What I have found, using the Uniden software a few times, is when you change something, if you then click on the red "X" to close the screen, even though the software asks you if you want to save the new configuration, it will not save the modifications you have made. I have found that I have to hit the enter key after each modification and then close the screen--Then the modifications are saved.

RON

campd715

Premium Subscriber
Problem resolved. After checking the status of all custom edit options I found that Custom #10 had been set to control channel only from a previous search. That apparently affected the MODE status. Hopefully my embarrassment will benefit others who may run into this problem in the future.

Thanks to those who responded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.