Can't eliminate the scanning of a trunk channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

timtown

I recently purchased the 996xt and 396xt. All systems were eliminated on both. Then, both were loaded identically with same systems, etc. I'm relatively new to scanning, but have read Uniden's 293 page comprehensive guide to the 396xt, plus all the other "Easier to Read" (not) papers. I've constrained the scanning to two small towns in Monterey, CA and I have constrained the scanning to just a few agencies, but I can't get rid of the scanning of "Railroad"; some form of a trunk channel using frequencies 160.****. Reception of Railroad occurs only on the 396xt. 996xt is using the supplied metal antenna. Lockouts are impossible. I've turned off Close Call on all bands. I can't identify the control channel. When "Railroad" appears the scanning appears to speed up rapidly. How do I find the control channel? Any ideas?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You have enabled the Railroad service search. To turn it off, press F+L/O, L/O while it is on that search.
(Railroad is not a trunked system, it is a set of conventional frequencies.)

timtown

It worked!

Thank you! I don't know why I didn't do a global search on "railroad" in the bcd396xt manual. I'm still learning -- months to go I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.