Can't find PROgramit software

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinamox

Trying to find someone with a copy of John Montalbano's PROgramit software. The download and John's email address from his old site are both dead links. I have been unable to locate any current contact info for John or postings of the software elsewhere. If anyone has a copy or a path I can take to find it please let met know. Even though this approach and the software are old it's just the thing i need to interface with some older high performance equipment. Starting from scratch will take take much longer.

Thanks for any help.

For reference here is the old site MainPage
Please don't respond with another link to it and think your helping.

sinamox

Do you mean the current site I pointed to in my message? The one with the dead links that hasn't been up updated in years? That site? The site that everything on the web points to? Did you mean that site?

But seriously I've scoured the web. I'm looking for someone who maybe has a copy already or can email John. Tomorrow I'll send a letter.

Tom

sinamox

What I ment to say was yes.

You know what they say, "beggers can't be A-holes". But they usually just can't help it. I need to learn that there is no point in making fun of the guy trying to help.

Tom

CrazyCalifornian

Premium Subscriber
Yes but if you actually follow the link, the FTP site doesn't work

Yep, I saw that last night... I was half asleep when I first read the message and thought he meant the link he had wasn't working. I didn't check the posted link with the google result found :)

I might have the diag60.exe file too, but will have to check my old backup cd's...

sinamox

Two weeks ago I was Googling for computer interface options and found the PROgramit system. It’s beautifully simple in concept and exactly what I need to control some old equipment. Unfortunately the FTP link for software download was broken. I found the pages had last been updated ten years ago when the ver6.0 software was released. I tried to email the creator John Montalbano but the posted address is no longer valid. The FTP link probably died when the qsl.net servers switched over a year ago if not sometime sooner. This page was just another piece of internet cobweb. After looking for other options I realized I was probably going to have to start from scratch. For me that means it might happen some year. So I searched again; followed very link; searched through every ham newsgroup but found only other people looking but no finding. I checked the FCC database and confirmed that John’s address was still the same a year ago so snail mail seemed the best bet. But first I took my last “E” resort and actually asked. Now I hate to stop and ask. I will only start a thread if stumped several times over. News groups are stuffed with threads rehashing the same questions, questions that could be answered with a simple search. The most frustrating are new threads titled simply “Can you Help?”. More often than not a helpful board member will take time to answer the question only to here back “Oh yea, I already found it.” Now when I (meaning I as in me this time not some generic third person) started this PROgramit thread I was posting to a couple of sites and wasn’t as clear as I should have been. I just thought it was funny and deserved a little blatant sarcasm for asking me to search without reading the whole post. Anyway sometimes I can’t help myself.

Kids, hate only hurts the hater.

Crazy Jay, I sent you a message on your site to start the begging process.

Thanks, CG

sinamox

Thanks Chris

Note to citizens of the future. I have a copy of v606.exe and diag60.exe in my possession and I never throw anything away.

Status
Not open for further replies.