cant follow oakland pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom4

i ve recently purchased a radio shack pro 162 i haven t had a scanner for a couple years but the last one i had i was able to follow opd & alco when i purchased the 162 i made sure it could follow edcs & mot but after programing i can only follow alco mot i am hearing opd but i cant follow the transmissions at all have they switched systems already? last i heard it was years off.

kma371

QRT
i ve recently purchased a radio shack pro 162 i haven t had a scanner for a couple years but the last one i had i was able to follow opd & alco when i purchased the 162 i made sure it could follow edcs & mot but after programing i can only follow alco mot i am hearing opd but i cant follow the transmissions at all have they switched systems already? last i heard it was years off.

Are you getting the frequencies from the DB?

tom4

yes i am getting them from the data base i here random transmissions iam just not able to track conversations i also get a loud noise i think its a data transmission

dougr1252

Oakland has certain channels that have to be left blank when you program the system, but it's hard to tell just from looking at the DB. Try the list below in one bank:

LCN01 - Leave blank
LCN02 - 866.32500
LCN03 - 866.40000
LCN04 - 866.60000
LCN05 - Leave blank
LCN06 - 867.05000
LCN07 - Leave blank
LCN08 - 867.57500
LCN09 - 867.82500
LCN10 - Leave blank
LCN11 - 868.46250
LCN12 - 868.56250
LCN13 - 868.82500

Don't program the 5 channels listed under Site 002 unless you put them in a separate bank.

trooperdude

Database Admin
I just updated the Oakland system with a bunch of submitted talkgroup updates.

If you downloaded from the database here prior to a few minutes ago, there are new/reassigned talk groups in both Police and Fire.

FYI

tom4

can any one tell me what purpose the 2nd site serves if i dont program one of the sites will i miss anything?

dougr1252

Site 002 (Seneca) is a fill-in site for the southern part of the city and the hills. I don't think there's anything that's only carried on that site. The main site should have everything, and it has the most channels.

can any one tell me what purpose the 2nd site serves if i dont program one of the sites will i miss anything?

dougr1252

The frequency list for Oakland's main site could be updated to show the blank channels, like it was originally. LTR systems and LA CWIRS are this way.

I just updated the Oakland system with a bunch of submitted talkgroup updates.

If you downloaded from the database here prior to a few minutes ago, there are new/reassigned talk groups in both Police and Fire.

FYI

tom4

just for info i iam using the 2nd site alone because it comes in alot clearer than 1 for me iam following all traffic at least p 1 2 & 3 4 i dont know about the tac channels

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
on some of these systems that are not the cookie cutter type standard system

i have been using the RR import via freescan and so far it has always imported the system perfectly

i was missing some parameters on the san bruno system and it wasnt working right..scratched my head over and over

i did an import on freescan and it worked perfectly - then i checked my before and after and it was 1 small setting i had wrong

next time might try the freescan import works really well

especially on those weird military and govt systems

tom4

When will opd go digital

I am just wondering when oakland will go digital? It seems the more i read about oakland s system the more confused i get

dougr1252

Oakland has a digital site called Gwin which they're testing, but it's a while before they're full P25. See my other post.

I am just wondering when oakland will go digital? It seems the more i read about oakland s system the more confused i get

cousinkix1953

Don't forget to program the sheriff's Motorola system in one bank of channels and the Oakland PD's EDACS system in another. The UC Berkeley system can go into a third bank.

Radio Shack scanners do not work correctly, if you program more than one trunked system into the same bank even if they are of the same kind.

EDACS and LTR systems require that each frequency be programmed into a specific channel. Motorola is not picky; but I program them in consecutive channels going from the highest to the lowest frequencies...

Status
Not open for further replies.