Can't Get 2 Dongles To Work In Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

With both dongles plugged in, I can only get FMP to open RTL device #2, but not #1. Even with only 1 dongle plugged in, it gets called RTL device #2. No matter what I've tried with Zadig, nothing works. Is there a way I can force it to recognize both dongles at the same time and make them be device 1 and 2? When I try to use device #1, the FMP console window says "usb_open error -12" and then closes.

CanesFan95

Another weird thing is FMP says SDR device count=3, even though there's only 2 dongles plugged in. And if I have only 1 dongle plugged in, it'll say SDR device count=2. Is there a way to get FMP to show a list of all the input device numbers that can be used with -i ?

adcockfred

make sure both are seen in devise manager, and do properties while you are there and looks at hub and port number. and then reboot. then if you can get the first one to run, pull antenna to verify what is what. look batt edit for dongle number, you even could transpose numbers there and reboot so compiler will straighten out things. you notice I keep saying reboot

slicerwizard

Error -12 indicates a USB driver problem. I'd delete all dongle devices and then reinstall them. So Device Manager to toast them, then Zadig to reinstall, I guess.

adcockfred

Zadig can be a bit of trouble too, that is why it says to use bulk interface 0, when the program does not recognizes your dongle.

CanesFan95

Well, I just kept trying and re-trying different things and finally got it to work. Both dongles work now. Not sure what happened or what I did, but it's working now.

adcockfred

Yeah checking integrity is 1 st and foremost. I have ran zigzag on so many machines, I like it best when your dongle is populated in the drop down window.

Status
Not open for further replies.