BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Can't get mass storage mode to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyPhoto

I'm trying to use mass storage mode with my BCD436HP on a Win7 32-bit laptop. I've used it before with serial mode, and the drivers are installed, and it has no problem controlling it. I can access it fine in a 64-bit Win8 machine though. Looking in the device manager, it gives the error "The device cannot start." Rebooting the scanner & computer don't make a difference. Anyone see this before?

JamesO

I'm trying to use mass storage mode with my BCD436HP on a Win7 32-bit laptop. I've used it before with serial mode, and the drivers are installed, and it has no problem controlling it. I can access it fine in a 64-bit Win8 machine though. Looking in the device manager, it gives the error "The device cannot start." Rebooting the scanner & computer don't make a difference. Anyone see this before?

Sound more like a Windows/Computer problem?

Might uninstall the USB drivers on the computer, then search for hardware changes and allow the drivers to reload. Also check the USB power setting is not allowing the computer to turn off the USB power. Check for BIOS and manufacturer updates as well.

You can also remove the SD card and use a card reader directly rather than using the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.