Can't get Philly PD with Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temple14

Hello
I got a Home patrol as a gift and I can't receive any Philly PD or fire on it . I have the latest firmware and updates . Am I missing a setting ? I appreciate any help

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Where are you located?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

So its not a reception problem. You used the database? And just to confirm, which homepatrol do you have? Uniden HP-1 or one of the new Uniden BCDx36HP?

dmg1969

Temple14, as policefreak asked...is it the original HomePatrol (HP-1)?

Are you able to hear anything else (other systems or NOAA weather)?

Are you scanning the entire database or did you set up favorites?

Make sure you have all of the appropriate service types turned on (Fire Dispatch, Law Dispatch, Fire Talk, Law Talk, Fire Tac, Law Tac, etc.).

Temple14

Thanks for the help , It is a HP-1 , I have no problem receiving any other police frequencies NJ State , Camden , it's only Philadelphia that's there is a problem . I have it set as a favorite and all the service types are on .

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

Ok. So you dont get anything at all?

Temple14

Nothing , not even static . it just silence . I know its not my area because the Radioshack near me has no problems with their display model .

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Try running the scanner with the ATT function turned on; it's likely you are getting wasted by a nearby cellular tower... Happens all the time with scanners, especially in certain parts of the city!

Temple14

Just had the scanner on with ATT function on for an hour and still nothing . Thanks for the help

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Just had the scanner on with ATT function on for an hour and still nothing . Thanks for the help

Okay, well lastly; are you sure you're using the correct frequencies? Have you done a HomePatrol database update recently? I'd reset the unit to factory, flash the firmware and upload the new database before giving up all hope.

Good luck!

Jerry

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

Just to completely rule out a reception issue, are you within view of a cell tower from your location?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

If its just the one, that may be part of a problem, but not enough that you get total silence. Ok try this. Manually tune your HP1 (if you can do so with that radio) to either 853.3125 or 853.7875. Turn squelch down to zero. Do you hear anything at all?

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Are you the original owner of this radio? Have you set the scanner to "avoid" any channels? On page 19 of the following pdf file (owners manual) they discuss setting and removing avoided channels. I don't own this radio just something I thought of when reading the manual.

http://www.uniden.com/content/ebiz/uniden/resources/ownersmanuals/HOMEPATROL1om.pdf

There is a web forum dedicated to the home patrol here:

Categories - Community

Maybe someone there will have discussed your problem and found a solution.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.