can't get started!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenoftheirish

Premium Subscriber
Can't get started with installation or software. Already paid for premium service. Where do I go after that? what do I do after that? Already re-installed and un-installed this stuff about 10 times now! Where do I go to access my service? (be specific please). Got as far as adding frequencies but then everything dsappeared. And I need to find out if I'm supposed to log in with any type of license or key or anything???? Need to know why software doesn't have the same screens as the videos online! Just need a ton of in-depth help!

I appreciate the help! Please!!!!!

Nancy Marsh

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference.com!!!

Tell us what the brand & model of your scanner is. Did you get software to program it? If not, check the Wiki section, locate your model, and you'll find links to all the software available for your scanner. Most have a 30 day trial period.

You'll probably also need a serial cable that connects your scanner to your computer, if you don't have one.

With the software you can "import" data from this site that you program into your scanner so you can monitor what you desire (as long as it is monitorable).

queenoftheirish

Premium Subscriber
pro 106

got software, trial version & activated it and got as far as frequencies then tried to do it all over but no success. Became a premium subscriber and still can't do anything!
says I need to register my account but already did that! don't know where to go to even access my paid version. Yes I opened the software icon and followed all the steps in order! even watched all the videos on this!

Nancy~~

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I see your are in Blaine, TN. Does that mean you want to monitor these channels?

pro 106
got software, trial version & activated it and got as far as frequencies
I don't know what software you have, there are a few different programs for that scanner. I am using WIN500. I can tell you the steps with WIN500 and perhaps they are the same or very similar with whatever you have. To see a list of software for that scanner look here.

From WIN500, I select File -> Web Import - RadioReference and then you have to select trunked or conventional. I don't see anything trunked for your county so I selected conventional. Next I have to select the country, state and county I want. From there it gives me a list of what is there. It's not much. I selected what I wanted and clicked import.

After all that is done, save the data to a file on your computer. And most importantly upload that to your scanner.

RomeRon

pro 106

got software, trial version & activated it and got as far as frequencies then tried to do it all over but no success. Became a premium subscriber and still can't do anything!
says I need to register my account but already did that! don't know where to go to even access my paid version. Yes I opened the software icon and followed all the steps in order! even watched all the videos on this!

Nancy~~

What software, Win500, ARC500 or PSR500?

Status
Not open for further replies.