Cant get the police!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sept1974

Can anyone help? I cant pickup my local detachment for the state police or sheriffs dept. (10 Miles Away). I have a radio shack pro 2096. I can pick up the turnpike and ems. Everything but the local police. Any help is greatly appreciated. Almost forgot to mention my local state police is troop 6. And its Mercer Co. Sheriff and Princeton City police. I can get all sorts of stuff from Giles Co. Va. Just not on the WV side. I have a Radio Shack scanner antennae about 60 ft in the air and probably 20 ft from my roof.

Last edited:

MOTOROLANUT

Stupid question time...LOL

Did you check the RR database for Mercer county and the WVSP listings?
There is plenty of freqs in the database for Mercer county.
If its not in the RR WV database give us all a hint on what agencies you are looking to listen to and we will try to help ya out...

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
WVSP and Mercer County

Can anyone help? I cant pickup my local detachment for the state police or sheriffs dept. (10 Miles Away). I have a radio shack pro 2096. I can pick up the turnpike and ems. Everything but the local police. Any help is greatly appreciated. Almost forgot to mention my local state police is troop 6. And its Mercer Co. Sheriff and Princeton City police. I can get all sorts of stuff from Giles Co. Va. Just not on the WV side. I have a Radio Shack scanner antennae about 60 ft in the air and probably 20 ft from my roof.

State Police Beckley is on 42.1000 while the mobiles are on 42.2600. Also there is a mobile fixed relay on 460.1000 located at Flat Top for that area.

I think that most (if not all) of Mercer County is now on the WVIRP digital trunking system. I think even Beckley State Police also has a few talkgroups on the system as well.

Hope this helps you out.

73's

Chad

wvscanner

Database Admin
I would suggest to check and make sure you did not lock out any of your talk group on the digital IRP. I pick up troop 6 Beckley very well on Ghent towers, however if they are no units in the Princeton area at that time they will not come up on McCommas site. for the UHF it is still active I would set those in for Ghent and (Bolt or Kopperston) site as you would get them as well. I can only get Princeton PD at home only if they are on Ghent, When I'm at work I usually hear them more on the McCommas site.

sept1974

half way

ive got a lot more working but now i have to order win96 to work with it any further. the radio shop that sold me everything gave me my serial but it no longer works. but theres still some stuff i cant get. really wish i could get my hands on the settings from someone whos trying to pick up the same towers i am.

wv8mat

i traveled from Mason,WV to Pipestem,WV today for a class at the Fire/EMS confrence going on there this week and i dont have a Digital Scanner, so i loaded all the conventional freqs and it worked verywell. I had mason, putnam, kanawaha, fayette, boone, ralighe (or however you spell it haha) mercer, and the med channels ( all 10 uhf and then 155.340 and .400) and it was wonderful. oh and DPS Turnpike helped out so much, i knew where the troopers and plow trucks were all the time and if there were wrecks and what not, alot of them there where still carring the vhf radios, mostly kenwood 272's but alot of vhf and uhf traffic all over down there

Status
Not open for further replies.