• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can't get this radio workin

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlebot

Hello guys

I have recently purchased this radio/scanner/walkie set
Long Range Walkie Talkie Set - 3-5 km Range, UHF, VOX, 110v - BitRoad
and cannot get it to work at all. I have tried following it's instructions and it will not seem to stay at the frequency i set it at. it simply goes back to 400.00 if i touch anything else after typing, or wait a few seconds.

Also the lowest it seems to go is 400.00, and highest is 469.99 and it has the power to 50 above that

Please any help here would be appreciated, am trying to get to frequency 138.46

I'm sure this walkie can do it, it has dual band, lots of settings and a very confusing manual.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your post to a more appropriate forum than Scanner and Receiver Reviews. Please review all available forums to make sure that where you are posting is appropriate. Thanks.

From what I can see this is a single band UHF radio. It will never do that VHF frequency you are trying to out into it.

n0nhp

Right on the page you link to "UHF Frequency Range (400-469.995MHz)"

These radios are not dual band and will not do VHF

Time to do your homework before pushing the order button.

Bruce

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
UHF walkie talkies

Any transmission on those radios requires a license of some type. Some of the frequencies it can produce are in the public safety range and could land you in big trouble.

If you are entering the frequencies by hand, make sure you save them to memory before enter a second frequency or turning it off. Many of the Chinese radios are much easier to program with the proper software and cable.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Coorrect, BUT the equipment cannot have a removable antenna, must transmit in narrowband, and cannot exceed .05w, nor can it operate on any other frequencies out side of part 95. It also must be type accepted for part 95 use. All of which that radio does not do. Except possibly transmit NB.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hello guys

I have recently purchased this radio/scanner/walkie set
Long Range Walkie Talkie Set - 3-5 km Range, UHF, VOX, 110v - BitRoad
and cannot get it to work at all. I have tried following it's instructions and it will not seem to stay at the frequency i set it at. it simply goes back to 400.00 if i touch anything else after typing, or wait a few seconds.

Also the lowest it seems to go is 400.00, and highest is 469.99 and it has the power to 50 above that

Please any help here would be appreciated, am trying to get to frequency 138.46

I'm sure this walkie can do it, it has dual band, lots of settings and a very confusing manual.

I am curious as to what led you to believe these radios were dual band?

Also the legalities would depend on the OPs' location.

N8IAA

I'm going to presume that the OP is in the UK, or Australia. They have a UHF CB band that these radios will work.
Also, since it stated UHF in the description, how did you get dual band?
Larry

noodlebot

It says this is a dual band transciever in the manual that comes with it. I'm assuming Wide and Narrow are the "2" different types

I am no pro in radios or anything. I just want a set of radios I can use to pickup on police communications, to have them in a backpack, sort of like a bugout bag/survival bag.

I am sure these walkies will work for what I'm trying to do however I can't get it to do so

noodlebot

And one last thing my manual for this walkie set says:

VHF Frequency range/136-173.995MHz
UHF Frequency range/400-469.995MHz

So I must be able to change this range somewhere?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
And one last thing my manual for this walkie set says:

VHF Frequency range/136-173.995MHz
UHF Frequency range/400-469.995MHz

So I must be able to change this range somewhere?

As has been pointed out, the link you provided states...

"UHF Frequency Range (400-469.995MHz)"

...if you believe they are supposed to operate on different ranges I would contact the seller and ask them. If the specs are for the radio you have it won't work on 138.xxx.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
At least now you know what to look for in the next ones you purchase. :D

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

noodlebot

Again as I said I'm not familiar with this at all. I just want a handheld to be able to access that frequency. Can't be running around with a CB, and not aware of what trunking is.

Status
Not open for further replies.