Cant get tone out working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridehardny

I cant seem to get tone out to work on my BCT15. I opened up my minitor and looked at the reeds. They are 426.6 and 977.2. I tried those and couldn't get it to work. I downloaded a tone decoder and came up with 426 and 975. Tried both of those....nothing. Why cant I get it working?

XTS3000

Make sure you are running the latest firmware for your scanner first. <---Very Important!!

I'd trust the reeds WAY more than the software. I never got a 100% correct reading from any software tone decoder - probably has something to do with my crappy sound card tho....

The uniden scanners are not that picky when it comes to tone-out deviation, so rule that out as the problem.
Other than that, make sure your entering in the tone freqs properly.

Good luck

Viper43

If you have the older version of the firmware and the dispatch is using a PL tone you won't get the tone outs, updating firmware will take care of the issue.

N9JIG

Sheriff
ridehardny said:
I cant seem to get tone out to work on my BCT15. I opened up my minitor and looked at the reeds. They are 426.6 and 977.2. I tried those and couldn't get it to work. I downloaded a tone decoder and came up with 426 and 975. Tried both of those....nothing. Why cant I get it working?

Be sure to set the modulation type to "FM" not NFM or Auto. This is often the problem with failure to decode.

The BC15 will decode within several Hz. of the actual tone, so either set you tried should work. It is not unusual for software decoders to be a couple Hz. off.

E367BL

ridehardny said:

Keep in mind that the tone out feature only works while in Tone-Out Standby mode for one frequency/modulation at a time. If you are in any other mode, the tone-out feature will not work, including Tone-Out Hold.

nyscan

Viper43 said:
If you have the older version of the firmware and the dispatch is using a PL tone you won't get the tone outs, updating firmware will take care of the issue.
Will the BR330T with the latest firmware get the tone outs if dispatch is using a PL tone ?

ridehardny

I've tried everything and still cant get it to work. I dont get it, it cant be that difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.