can't getmy CP to accept driver cd for pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskie999

I knew this would happen. I bought a cable at RS ,to use for Pro 164, to download frequecies. It just does not make sense. I put the cd in and new hardware message comes up. Instructions say when wizard asks for drivers. Well I never even get there, I see no folder about drivers, in fact the cd doesn't seem to respond. Boy maybe I am just too old for this stuff.I rally don't know why it won't let windows find a driver. Help if you can Thanks
Muskie

Last edited:

mikey60

XP, Think it would be easy.

Go to the source of the driver:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20600.exe

Unplug the cable from the computer, then run the program linked above to install the latest drivers. Reconnect the cable and you should be in good shape.

Note: Do not use the short 3" adapter cable that comes with the RadioShack USB cable. It will not work with that in line.

Mike

muskie999

Great I will try that when I get home. The short cable , is that the converter from stereo to mono? So should not use that at all when down loading frequencies is what you are saying? Thanks alot for your help. i 'll give it atry and let forum know if it works. Thanks Everybody!

mikey60

Great I will try that when I get home. The short cable , is that the converter from stereo to mono? So should not use that at all when down loading frequencies is what you are saying? Thanks alot for your help. i 'll give it atry and let forum know if it works. Thanks Everybody!

Yes, that's the adapter I'm talking about. Do not use that, as it will not work with this scanner.

Mike

mikey60

Hi was just looking at your web site
PSREdit - Configuration Editors for the new GRE line of scanners, sounds interesting. As that will be my next quest some way to easily download frequencies etc. Dumb question, but how do they campare with ARC300 or Win 97?

The question as to which is best is subjective. I'm probably not the best person to answer that since my opinion would be somewhat biased.

All three of the ones mentioned provide a free trial period, so my suggestion would be to try them and see which you like best for your preferences and go with that. Ultimately the answer is which ever program(s) work best for you.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.