Can't Hear any talk-groups except Police Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbtelee1

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed my BCD536HP with the Snohomish County (Washington) SERS system and specifically, the Everett Police Department. I have included all talk-groups, but the ONLY one I can here is Police Dispatch (48). Here are all the TG's associated with the EPD. I would appreciate any help and suggestions. I hear NOTHING on these TG's even when I have ID search on.

Everett Police Talkgroups
DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
48003AEPD 1 DISPEverett Police DispatchLaw Dispatch
80005AEPD 2 DATAEverett Police Patrol Inquiries DATALaw Talk
112007AEPD 3 CAR 2Everett Police Car 2 CarLaw Talk
144009AEPD 4Everett Police Auxiliary FunctionsLaw Talk
17600bAEPD TAC 1Everett Police Tac 1Law Tac
20800dAEPD TRAINEverett Police TrainingLaw Tac
24000fAEPD CIDEverett Police Criminal Investigations DivisionLaw Tac
45904b35AEPD SIUEverett Police Special Investigations UnitLaw Tac
45968b39AEPD EM RESPEverett Police Emergency Response TeamLaw Tac

RBMTS

Do you have "control channel only" set to on? Did you enter the "rebanding" band plan for the system? Are you listening to the "East" or "West" site?

Rbtelee1

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to the West Simulcast and am UNSURE about HOW to set the control channel to on. I personally thought that was automatic. I do not have my location set and have not added or deleted anything else.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Do you have Law Tac and Law Talk Service Types enabled? By default, only Law Dispatch is enabled for the Law specific service types.

Look in the radios menu for "Select Service Types" and enable all that you can.
They can also be enabled in Sentinel using the Profile Editor feature.

Rbtelee1

Premium Subscriber
Do you have Law Tac and Law Talk Service Types enabled? By default, only Law Dispatch is enabled for the Law specific service types.

Look in the radios menu for "Select Service Types" and enable all that you can.
How do I accomplish setting these other parameters?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
How do I accomplish setting these other parameters?

Look in the radio menu like I said. Any that show as Off can be toggled on by hitting E (enter). If some display a - (hyphen) that means none of those types exists in your favorites lists that are in use and can be ignored for now. After changing them, back out of the Menu with the Menu key until you are back scanning and the types you enabled will now be heard if they are active and not encrypted.

You can also use Sentinel and toggle the service types on/off with its Profile Editor feature. Then write that back to your 536.
Be careful to not overwrite any of your favorites if you did not read them into Sentinel which you really should do so you have backup copy.

Read your 536 into Sentinel first and then edit the Profile. One of the profile editors menus shows the Service Types which is where you can enable or disable them before you write back to the radio.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Will I have to do this for ALL trunked systems I program?
No, generally not. It's set in the profile which affects all favorite lists radio wide.

If you change profiles for some reason, then the setting may change.
It's easiest to do this in Sentinel as you can visually see all the service types on one screen and click and chose with your mouse. Sentinel will also allow you to enable the types that you may not be using. This can be handy if you create a new favorite list and use some service types you never had before. If enabled by Sentinel, they won't need to be turned on by using the radios keypad.

If you use the scanners keypad for these changes, make sure you use the power control and turn the 536 off and back on so it stores your settings.
If you just pull the power wire feeding the radio without doing a proper power cycle, the settings will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.