Can't hear anything on 996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
I think I have everything programed right I see my towers scanning and can go manually to a talkgroup but can't hear any transmissions. Any Ideas?

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you sit on a control channel do you see TGs? I'd check audio and modulation types and make sure that the control channels aren't locked out by accident.

Gary

rfaricy

Del-md-pa-nj-scanman said:
huh.....your 996 just sucks......

And *I* poison threads... :roll:

How about maybe the programming might have a slight error in it? That's not so far off...

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber

Yes I can find TG's but can't hear anything. i'll keep playing with it. As for the IDIOT to bad you can't afford one.

RocketNJ

mpdonala said:
I think I have everything programed right I see my towers scanning and can go manually to a talkgroup but can't hear any transmissions. Any Ideas?

What system are you trying to listen to? Can you hear conventional frequencies?

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
996t

Haven't tried any conventional. I am trying to listen to the El Paso County system in Colorado. I did load the Colo. system from the software data base and the only way I could hear anything there was man. on a single channel TG.

brandon

Database Admin
Did you by any chance cut and paste the talkgroups into the software from Excel? I had the exact same problem when I first got my BC246 and it turned out the talkgroups didn't go in properly (due to missing leadoff zeros).

STiMULi

mpdonala said:
Thanks to all that gave positive replies. I have gotten the radio to work. Trial and error.

You mean you didn't appreciate helpful responses like this?

Del-md-pa-nj-scanman said:
huh.....your 996 just sucks......

:)

You know a bunch of thought went into that one :)

maalox

hello. every time a new radio comes out there is always issues. cant they ever get it right the first time.

Thayne

Yep. My eyes are crossed and I'm going to bed--But I still think free software that is kinda wacky is still better than NO software.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
maalox said:
hello. every time a new radio comes out there is always issues. cant they ever get it right the first time.

Do you mean Uniden can't get it right, or the people trying to program the scanner can't get it right? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.