cant hear cmed in worcester ma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongiard

Premium Subscriber
cant hear cmed in worcester ma.i hear the medic request patch to hospital i hear hospital ansewer medici and cmed dispatch i dont hear medic talking to hospital?? any help please thanks jason

ecps92

To rephrase:
You CAN hear Worcester CMED, you just can't hear the Ambulance side of the communications

Listen to the input +5 Mhz up, if your close enough to them.

Only the Calling channel is the Repeater, all others the Repeater is turned off/Not Enabled.

cant hear cmed in worcester ma.i hear the medic request patch to hospital i hear hospital ansewer medici and cmed dispatch i dont hear medic talking to hospital?? any help please thanks jason

ecps92

On what Frequency ?

CMED Operates on 8 Pairs.
Med-04 is the Calling Channel and Typically you hear all traffic, they then direct the
Ambulance to a Working Channel. Example MED-1 which is not Repeated.

i can hear ambulance talk to cmed not to the hospital

ecps92

Rob, do they [Worcester] always use Med-8?

Been awhile since I listened to a Med-Patch, only put them
back in the loop, during a Mass-Cas. Incident [Canton Train Crash]

468.075 Ambulance
463.075 Hospital

Each use a different freq

garys

Premium Subscriber
im about 8 to 11 miles away

Probably too far for Simplex UHF. Actually definitely too far for a 35 or so watt mobile on UHF.

CMED channels were originally intended to be used in full duplex non repeated mode. The reason for that was so that crews in the field could send telemetry and hear what the doctor had to say at the same time. That hasn't happened in years and I don't think anyone even makes full duplex mobiles any longer, but channels still are generally not repeated.

ecps92

Gary
Need an APCOR ? for your collection ?

Probably too far for Simplex UHF. Actually definitely too far for a 35 or so watt mobile on UHF.

CMED channels were originally intended to be used in full duplex non repeated mode. The reason for that was so that crews in the field could send telemetry and hear what the doctor had to say at the same time. That hasn't happened in years and I don't think anyone even makes full duplex mobiles any longer, but channels still are generally not repeated.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Gary
Need an APCOR ? for your collection ?

I don't have a collection and I know where I can get APCORs if I need them. If I could find an intact MEMCOM (Micor) or an HT220 COR radio, then I could start a collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.