Can't hear frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The company I'm working with are using Motorola XPR3300 UHF handhelds using simplex mode. I know the 8 frequencies they are using and have tried them in my Pro 96 and Pro 197 scanners but can not pickup the signals. Even when they transmit near me (within 10-20 feet) I'm still not hearing anything, I've tried FM, MO, and NFM modes. To make things worse, even the frequencies are not showing up on an old RS frequency counter. Another company onsite is using a different radio on a different freq and I pick that up fine on the scanners and freq counter.

Anyone have any clue why I can't hear these freqs? Thanks so much for any advice!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, kind of new at this, is it possible to hear that?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

JoeyC

Even if they are using MOTOTRBO you should be hearing the digital grinding when they transmit if you are picking up the correct frequencies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Unless they are within 25-50 feet it's usually silent. I definitely have the right frequency since they gave it to me. Now that I'm reading about mototrbo I'm scared for the hobby.

wtp

just like..

a security guard at a mall asked if i could hear them. he gave me the freq of 123.0 as was listed in his radio.
that it turned out was the pl tone. so much for good intel.
i found them on 462/ 467 mhz freq later.
in other words, how do you know that they are right?
if you could put some numbers up here and maybe we could help, or rule some out.

jfhtm350

Yes you should be able to hear the motoboat/r2d2 drunken robot noise. Also you should be able to pick them up more than 50 feet away. Try the next frequency up and down and see if you can pick them up further away. If not then something is wrong.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I looked & couldn't find it, new license or lease radio the main one is 462.025

jfhtm350

That shows Wake County Public School System. Are you a security guard or a bus driver?
I suppose if your not then that is the wrong frequency.
What business are you in?
Not trying to be nosey here but probably help to know.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
This is a construction site and it is the correct freq, I noticed the other license holder for that freq too.

Status
Not open for further replies.