Can't hear local PD anymore.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawnwork

The local PD (Gadsden Police Dept.) in Gadsden, AL (Etowah County) is bragging how we can't hear them anymore in the local paper. Please help find their new trunked system. I think they went digital but not sure... I stopped hearing them yesterday. City officials not talking or don't know what has been done... please help.....

ALBC785

The local PD (Gadsden Police Dept.) in Gadsden, AL (Etowah County) is bragging how we can't hear them anymore in the local paper. Please help find their new trunked system. I think they went digital but not sure... I stopped hearing them yesterday. City officials not talking or don't know what has been done... please help.....

Hey lawnwork, they acually went full digital about a week ago. I have not heard anymore activity since then. I think the county SO and others are also looking to go on the system.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Will a newer scanner be on the market soon. I have the bearcat 396xt. I had hoped it would do it all...

There isn't and never will be a scanner that will decode encrypted transmissions. It's against the law in the USA. Sorry..

However, your 396 will decode any digital talkgroup that isn't encrypted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.