ProScan: Can't Import P25 Systems/ What am I doing wrong?

ShawnInPaso

Please pardon my blundering; I've searched for answers but came up empty handed. I'm new to programming digital systems but noticed when I attempt to import digital systems using Proscan (or by other means) the db interface shows the listed frequencies as 'conventional' rather than P25 as viewed directly in the database. Likewise, after importing all of the freqs are shown as conventional? Maybe I was thinking it would be an easy import process but I'm missing a few steps? I'm using an SDS200.

I used LAPD as an example or test.
1698873510433.png

ShawnInPaso

Shows you what I know ;)
Thanks for the kind reply, it seems I need to drill down to an individual frequency to find the conventional vs. digital info.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
\
Shows you what I know ;)
Thanks for the kind reply, it seems I need to drill down to an individual frequency to find the conventional vs. digital info.
You're going to program each frequency, as a channel, in a conventional system. Creating a conventional system uses the same basic steps for setting it up, regardless of whether one or more of these channels are using digital transmission, or analog.

For those channels labeled as P25, choose "digital" as your audio type.
1698890529892.png
Since these are P25, select P25 under the "Digital Option", and enter the NAC code listed for that frequency. That is listed in the "Tone" column on the database page for these channels.

1698890793680.png

ShawnInPaso

\

You're going to program each frequency, as a channel, in a conventional system. Creating a conventional system uses the same basic steps for setting it up, regardless of whether one or more of these channels are using digital transmission, or analog.

For those channels labeled as P25, choose "digital" as your audio type.
View attachment 150638
Since these are P25, select P25 under the "Digital Option", and enter the NAC code listed for that frequency. That is listed in the "Tone" column on the database page for these channels.

View attachment 150639

Hey, thanks for helping me understand and for the specific info. Living in an analog world has left me behind and I'm trying to catch up.