Can't move scanlists in ARC500

Status
Not open for further replies.

soboss34

I can't move my scanlists in ARC500. I am trying to move a trunk system list to a different one that is empty and it won't work. I enter the to and from scanlist numbers, click move and apply and nothing happens. I tried it on a conventional list too and it won't move. Any ideas?? I saw a previous thread from 2008 about this, but it didn't help.

soboss34

Reply to Can't move scanlists

I have done exactly what you stated and the SL numbers don't change, and the scanlist names don't change in the preview list either. Everything stayed the same. I also have the latest version (v1.14 build 1 full version).

soboss34

Step by step moving scanlists

I'm so sorry to bother you, but here is step by step of what I've done:
-open my arc500 program and files
-either go to object browser or scanlist preview or global settings and open scan lists
-go to options and open move scanlists
-choose scanlist to move in "from scanlist"
-choose empty scanlist to move to in "to scanlist"
-click om "move" and "include scanlist names"
-click on "apply". Nothing happens and I click "done"
-when I check my scanlist preview, nothing has changed, and when I go into object browser, no freqs were moved and no scanlist numbers were re-assigned
I have tried this with scanner connected and not connected, in the different windows as listed above, and I have tried moving conv and trunked scanlists with no difference

Thanks for helping me with this

opr4352

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same problem and unfortunatley going to conventional view and following the same process doesn't work. I'm running the following:

ARC500 Copyright 2010 - Bu-Tel Software BV - 1.16 Build 1 / RS Full Version 30-E7-20-52-41-53

Is there a fix for this issue?

Thanks - Mike

opr4352

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply. I did get it to work but it would only work from the talkgroup area of the object browser. It would not work in the conventional tab within the object browser.

Mike

davecenteno

ARC500 Scanlist Move Feature Not Working As Expected

There are no issues with moving scanlists in the ARC500 software. Just make sure you are in the object browser and not in scanlist preview mode.

This is a bit of an oversimplification of the issue. I too ran into the same problem as the others in this thread, and I also tried your instructions, and still had issues -- again, as others were.

So I did a little trial and error to discover the root cause. I think you would do well to listen to your users, by the way, when they say something isn't working as it should.

In this case, there is simply no reason why you cannot be in the Scanlist Preview mode and use the Move Scanlist feature -- it just wasn't coded that way. Worse, not only do you have to be in the Object Browser but you also have to be specifically in the Conventional or Talkgroup headings when you use the Move Scanlist feature... and when you do, only that type of object will be moved from one list to another. If you're moving a scanlist which has both conventional and talkgroup objects in it, you will have to go to Conventional first, then move the scanlist, then go to talkgroup, then move the scanlist again, in order to move all the objects from one list to another.

In my opinion, this feature is a mess. It also leaves behind the old scanlist name when you choose move, which is sort of useless.

It would be very much simpler if it worked as users are expressing - from the scanlist preview mode, moving or copying all the objects at once (conventional and talkgroups), and in the case of a move, have the ability to move the name and erase the old name.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.