Can't pickup local trunking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
I have a Whistler ws1095, and ws1080 I've tried adding the state police trunking system with set location, and by adding sites and talk groups to a scan list. I'm not hearing anything, what am I doing wrong?

Meanwhile my Uniden bcd436hp with the rubber ducky picks up everything just fine.

I'm stumped!

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Under trunking tables, all I see is default, splinter, and custom. No auto fill

Ed6698

It might not be a P25 system you are trying to monitor possibly, I was taking a guess.
What system are you trying to monitor? What is your location? State, County and City. Then maybe I can and some other people can help you better by looking at RR database.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to monitor the Commonwealth of Mass system, and Connecticut State Police system, from Tolland Mass in Hampden County.
Thanks

Ed6698

I won't be able to help much more tonight, but I would give Custom in Trunking Tables a try. Hopefully someone else can give you more assistance. Also make sure you have the correct Control Channel by looking at database. Usually only need the one CC in red that is in the database.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate you trying to help me.
Another thing I forgot to mention both of my Whistler scanners are hooked up to a rooftop antenna. They pick up every conventional frequency just fine.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Yes both scanners are up to date. In tune mode I can pickup the control channels clearly.

mikey60

Under trunking tables, all I see is default, splinter, and custom. No auto fill

If you're seeing this, the system type is set to Motorola. In the system list at the top of the Trunking tab, change the systems from Motorola to P25 if the system is a P25 System. Then check to make sure the sites are in Auto Fill.

The preferred method of import may actually work better than the set location method as well.

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.