Can't Pickup Same Chatter That's on Live Audio Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartess3

I've been listening to the gordon county feed here successfully:
Gordon County, Georgia (GA) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

But when I turn on my scanner, I'm not hearing the same thing. In fact, I only get chatter like every 15 minutes... And plugged in the same frequencies listed here:
Gordon County, Georgia (GA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I live 8 miles away from the central area. I have the radio shack pro 20-404 and I also bought a telescoping antenna as well.

What frequency is this live feed on? I'm not getting it?

rmiller818

Which of the 2 feeds?

Just looking at the feed notes, the Gordon County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS also includes Calhoun PD.

The North Georgia Sheriff and Fire and Area Air Traffic has these notes:
"This feed originates from Eagle Mountain in the west-central Gilmer County. Although concentrated on the Gilmer County area, you will here occasional transmissions from GSP and most adjacent counties. e.g. Fannin, Dawson, Pickens, Murray, Lumpkin, Gordon and Whitfield counties."

cartess3

it's the first one:
Gordon County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS

I got all the frequency set but my scanner isn't picking up any of the conversations that's playing on the feed at all. As I mentioned earlier, I have all the frequencies plugged in, plus more:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Are you hearing some of the same talk? Do the locations on the webfeed sound familiar? Have you dropped the feed administrator a note asking what freq's he has programmed?

cartess3

I'm not hearing any of the talk that taking place on the live feed... not even close. I didn't realize I could email the feed person. I'll do that now.

Thanks!

cartess3

I just tried contacting the administrator of that feed, but he's disabled email contact and private messaging contact as well.

I just went and setup ALL of the frequencies for another county in which I live in:
Bartow County, Georgia (GA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

and once again, I'm not hearing any of the conversations that's taking place on the live-feed.
Bartow County, Georgia (GA) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Unfortunately, this feed is administered by the same person who is also managing the other feed I can't seem to access.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Might be another area he's tacked on. Do you recognize any of the locations on the feed? Can you match that up with counties around you?

N8IAA

If you read what Rdale has posted, there are multiple counties running on the feed. It is not unreasonable that your county (Gordon) with it's 5 frequencies, does not have a lot of communications going on. Unless there is something big like an accident, or, something else, you are not going to get a lot of action on the scanner. Try plugging in the frequencies from the surrounding counties and the GSP and see what you can monitor then. I'm limited to FD in my county on it's P-25 digital system. There are days when it is very quiet. I've learned to monitor other systems and counties:) By the way, where is Harrisburg, GA?
HTH,
Larry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.