Can't program EDACS in Dutchess County (Pro-652)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nok

Premium Subscriber
Boy, I've been through the wringer with my new scanner. It does conventional freq. just fine, does MOT800/900 from Connecticut just fine, but I can't get any traffic if I program in the Millbrook EDACS. I've tried win500, arc500 and that psrEdit one. No luck with any of them.
The scanner I bought was NIB and came with a discone antenna, which took two days to install on my roof. I was hoping to widen my listening range, but I can't seem to get ANY edacs system to work. I've checked the order of the channels, checked to make sure talkgroups are available, etc. etc.
The other issue I have is with OneVoice. No luck there, either.
The scanner came from Texas and was never used, although the local RadioShack down there did program it. I've tried reverse engineering their programming and I can't see I'm doing anything wrong.
WHAT am I missing???
Thanks,
Dave
Wingdale

bama9999

Onevoice shows to be DMR, so that's the reason you're not hearing any traffic there. That particular EDACS system says that it uses both analog and AEGIS (Digital), and there are some encrypted TG's shown, but there's still a lot of analog showing, that if current, you should be hearing. You mentioned "the order of the channels", so I'm guessing you programmed all the frequencies in, just in case the control channel has been rotated out?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, that scanner can't handle the OneVoice network as that's DMR, which it can't trunk or decode.

EDACS systems are unique in that they must be programmed in LCN or Logical Channel Number order. Let's look at an example;

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=841

See the little 2 digit number to the left of the frequency? That's the LCN. Use that to help you program

Mike

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
You don't need to know the LCN on these scanners. Just make sure you activate auto LCN in that system.

The scanner does all the work and arranges everything the right way.

I gave up on my 652 though because it just didn't work worth a darn. IMO its a very poor scanner even if its based on the 600 which is beyond excellent.

$200 bucks in the toilet.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You don't need to know the LCN on these scanners. Just make sure you activate auto LCN in that system.

The scanner does all the work and arranges everything the right way.

This only works for LTR systems, not EDACS. You will need to know the correct LCNs in order to successfully program EDACS.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Back in the days before NYCOMCO built a MOTOTRBO system there were only a few users of the Millbrook EDACS site. Traffic was very light and some of the users were the Dutchess LOOP Bus, school buses, and garbage haulers. Those users have all gone elsewhere, some to the MOTOTRBO system. I have been logging activity on the Millbrook EDACS site for the past 36 hours and the site is totally dead. No transmissions, affiliations, nothing.

If you can receive the Walker Mountain or Mount Beacon sites you will find them to be fairly busy. From Wingdale it may be tough to get those sites but give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.