Can't program my bcd436hp scanner with the radioreference web service instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am a premium member (just joined)
I have been using sentinel for my programming.

I have my radio connected to my laptop and the sentinal app.

Here are the instructions I am talking about-

InlineSuccess.gif
Step 1 - Become a RadioReference.com Premium Subscriber

Users who have a RadioReference.com Account with active premium subscriber status automatically have access to the Web service. To view the complete details on your premium subscription status and to upgrade your account, see the Premium Subscription Information Page. Subscribing is easy and instantaneous by credit card.

InlineSuccess.gif
Step 2 - Download and Install a Supported Scanner Programming Software Application

A scanner programming software application is required to access the Web service and download information directly to your scanner. These applications function as the bridge between the RadioReference Database and your individual scanner or radio.

Scanner programming software applications are written by numerous third-party organizations and individuals and many of them directly support the RadioReference.com Web service download feature.

To see the complete list of scanner programming software applications that support the Web service please see this reference page:
Supported Scanner Software Applications

InlineSuccess.gif
Step 3 - Follow the individual software application instructions

Each individual software application will prompt you to enter your RadioReference.com Premium Account Username and Password before being able to access the Web service directly and program your scanner. Please reference the instructions for each application on how to access the Web service.

I checked my E-Mail for a message and didn't find any.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

You don't need a premium membership to use the database from Radio Reference. The database is already in Sentinel. You can't directly import anything from Radio Reference into Sentinel. From the top toolbar in the Sentinel program, click "Update", then click "Update Master Database (HPDB)".

The database comes from Uniden's servers. They get the data from Radio Reference.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
If using Sentinel, There's nothing a premium membership can help with that. The Uniden Sentinel DB is updated weekly from the RR DB (no membership required for that).
Benefits of Premium Membership are listed..
1598231480505.png
The Downloads you're referring to apply to the software in the list on the link you provided.
Some of the available software requires it's own registration fee (above and beyond RR membership)..

If using Sentinel, There's nothing a premium membership can help with that. The Uniden Sentinel DB is updated weekly from the RR DB (no membership required for that).
View attachment 90373
The Downloads you're referring to apply to the software in the list on the link you provided.
Some of the available software requires it's own registration fee (above and beyond RR membership)..
View attachment 90373

What I said was that I use Sentinal for programming my scanner from the RR database,
and that I just paid for the premium membership, for the additional benefits of programming.

I copied and pasted from the RR website instructions, for the purpose of explaining what I was trying to do.

I am already using Sentinal

My point was that for 15 dollars, I just want to know how to get this to work.
also, my understanding is that I can download additional agencies/frequencies not in the free sentinal.

Thanks

dougjgray

I think every thing on RR dB is in sentinal when you update the dB from sentinal. Being a premium here can help you with other software like proscan

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
also, my understanding is that I can download additional agencies/frequencies not in the free sentinal.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

The sentinel down load is the whole north american database... There is nothing missing... What you see is what you get...
Premium Sub is more for third party software like ProScan etc... If it's something thats not in the database thats a different issue...

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
What I said was that I use Sentinal for programming my scanner from the RR database,
and that I just paid for the premium membership, for the additional benefits of programming.

I copied and pasted from the RR website instructions, for the purpose of explaining what I was trying to do.

I am already using Sentinal

Thanks

I think you paid $15 for something you didn't need to, Or misunderstood what exactly your getting with a premium subscription.. IDK. :unsure:

FYI, blantonl doesn't give refunds..
I'm still not sure what the original question was after everything that's past. :rolleyes:
I just don't know... If you use Sentinel that's all you need. The FREE version is the very same version all Uniden users (with compatible scanners) get (including Radio Reference Premium Subscribers & Non Members alike)..

There are no additional features for Sentinel, it's always been free and included in the pricing of the scanner.
The Entire North American Radio Reference Database (That's this website) is included in the Uniden Sentinel software. (and gets updated once a week) There are no additional hidden things to unlock.. (Note: Systems not Compatible with the scanner are not included from the DB for obviously good reasons)

The only (compatible items) things that are not included are things added since the last update (too new), and they get added to the Sentinel DB a week later in the next update..

The Downloads/RR Import features are needed for the third party software that's available and they do not include the entire RRDB feature that Sentinel has built in. (Hence the need for a RR Premium membership to import/download the data through the web in those programs) [not every scanner on the market has the unique ability to hold the entire DB, and the user needs to pick and choose which systems they want in their scanner using software compatible with the scanner they're programming]

This is probably as clear as mud to you right now, at least you can enjoy the ad free pages while the premium membership lasts.

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
The Premium Membership will help if you are using third-party software like ARC-536, ProScan etc. With the combination of a Premium Membership and these applications you can import from the RR database into the radio.

With Sentinel however you do not need a Premium Membership, the database access is baked into the cost of the radio. It still helps you in other ways of course as seen in prior posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.