Cant read my ht1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

middleofAKTB

I have a couple of Motorola ht1000's and im trying to read my radios. I have an old Dell Latitude CPX that im using for the software. im able to get into the program on the computer but when i go to read my radios it keeps saying i need to power on rib/ check cables/ etc. I have a rib box and the correct cables but im still at a loss. not sure if its my laptop or if its my rib box? If someone is able to share the steps or a link to the steps i would gratley appricate it.

Thank you!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You would probably get a better response if you post these 3 professional radio threads in the "Motorola Forum" rather than the "New User Forum".

You can request a Moderator to move these threads by clicking on the red and white triangle in the upper right corner of your post.

Rred

I've had the same thing happen, as discussed elsewhere with teufler (hiya!). Radios programmed just fine the first time around, now probably a year later, I got an error message like that. Not sure if it was the DOS boot configuration I was using, or the cable had gone bad, or what. But I basically closed the box and am still giving myself a time-out, to make sure I don't just grab the whole setup (computer and all) and toss it through the window.

It will turn out to be something really simple, I know. It will wait until next year, for me.

Just to let the OP know...you are not the only one.

middleofAKTB

HT1000 software, RSS, only runs in real DOS and RS232 serial port.

I restart my laptop in MS-DOS and Im having a hard time figuring out the code to get it to pop up and show the software. But Im able to get the software to pop up when im not in MS-DOS... not really sure whats going on with it. I found an online guide that shows step by step start to finish on how to program the HT1000 but its not clear text on how to trouble shoot anything..

Tyler

Rred

"But Im able to get the software to pop up when im not in MS-DOS... not really sure whats going on with it"

It sounds like the Lost Art of DOS, and nothing to do with RSS software or the radio.

This is a multiple-boot computer, with DOS installed as a separate drive partition?
Did you install the RSS software while in DOS, to the DOS drive, in a directory in the DOS PATH ?

If not, DOS probably will never see it.

cmdrwill

HT100 RSS sets up in MRSS folder, HT1000.exe
So the DOS command is: CD\MRSS\HT1000, then HT1000

middleofAKTB

"But Im able to get the software to pop up when im not in MS-DOS... not really sure whats going on with it"

It sounds like the Lost Art of DOS, and nothing to do with RSS software or the radio.

This is a multiple-boot computer, with DOS installed as a separate drive partition?
Did you install the RSS software while in DOS, to the DOS drive, in a directory in the DOS PATH ?

If not, DOS probably will never see it.

No I didnt. How do i do that?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
OP, just to make things clearer for everyone, what OS are you actually running?

It matters as say a DOS based version of Windows functions differently from a semi-modern version of Windows (which is not DOS based).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.