• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cant read xts3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

peelscan111

I'm having a problem reading an xts3000 model1.

I cant read or write anything, the radio hisses when I attempt
to read it.

starts but fails halfway threw.

any ideas?

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you are trying to use an older version of CPS than was used the last time the radio was programmed. Is the CPS giving you any error messages?

Larry

peelscan111

The only message I get is about halfway threw reading is, "communication with radio failed"

i cant get any info from the radio or load a new codeplug

peelscan111

I have tried 2 ribs 2 cables on 2 computers. no luck

thanks for that, i know sometimes its just that simple.

peelscan111

Version R05.02.00

Yes all original motorola. the only thing that I was thinking is im using a usb adapter
but I always do with all my newer radios using CPS so.... ?

The comm port is correct.

peelscan111

Ok I'm getting somewhere, i was able to read the radio but i cant do anything else
i think its a problem with the radio but its still undetermined.

jim202

You should be using the Astro Saber & XTS3000 CPS. The current version I believe is R05.02.00.
You can't use the normal Astro 25 CPS on this radio.

Jim

I'm having a problem reading an xts3000 model1.

I cant read or write anything, the radio hisses when I attempt
to read it.

starts but fails halfway threw.

any ideas?

MOTOROLANUT

You might have a jacked up codeplug, the previous radio owner might have tryed to jam a whored 4FE or 1CE codeplug into it. Hence it might be corrupted. Do you have any decals on the radio (ie flashcode, model #, serial and so forth)?

peelscan111

I did get to read it but thats it and only once, i cant read it again.

codeplug: 000c
sys pack: h37
flashcode 180004-000000-6
model:h09kdc9pw5bn

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Nothing really unusual with the flashcode. Good chance it is a control board issue.

XTS3000

You might have a jacked up codeplug, the previous radio owner might have tryed to jam a whored 4FE or 1CE codeplug into it. Hence it might be corrupted. Do you have any decals on the radio (ie flashcode, model #, serial and so forth)?

4F1E and 1C5E flashcodes are not "corrupt" what so ever. Maybe a "whore" due to the mismatched feature set, but not corrupt. Had the codeplug been corrupt, the radio would not boot up and most likely show some error/fail code.

XTS3000

Version R05.02.00

Yes all original motorola. the only thing that I was thinking is im using a usb adapter
but I always do with all my newer radios using CPS so.... ?

The comm port is correct.

There's the problem - USB adapter. Not all USB adapters work, and some work with some radios, while not working with other radios.

The communications driver(s) (usually a DLL) are all different from Waris to Astro to Astro25, etc. That's why it may work with one radio platform perfectly, while giving you fits with another radio platform.

Now seeing as you were able to read it one time, there's hope. Go into the control panel and in the hardware section, find that USB adapter in there and go to advanced settings and turn down the FIFO buffers - both RX and TX. REBOOT!! Then try again. If that didn't work, then mess with the FIFO buffers - turn them on, turn them off, turn it up, turn it down. Mess with them a bit and see what happens. Remember to REBOOT the computer after you make an adjustment - even if windows doesn't tell you you need to.

XTS3000

No...LOL I am not saying whore flashes are all corrupt, But who knows what the previous owner did to the radio before he got it...Just trying to narrow down the problem for him Geeze...

No disrespect ment Motorolanut. There just is lots of confusion about the 4F1E and 1C5E flashcodes out there. Both flashcodes have bytes turned on in the flashcode that have no options associated with them. I'm kinda surprised the CPS never complains about the flashcodes having non-exsistant features turned on and mismatched features. Only time the CPS will complain is during a firmware upgrade for the 4F1E flashcode.

Have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.