• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can't receive digital voice on 3600 type II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I have an XTS2500, programmed for passive monitoring. I can receive P25 Phase 1, as well as 3600 baud type II analog systems. But there is a 3600 baud type II system that has digital voice talkgroups, and all I hear is digital noise, no clear voice. A scanner receives it just fine, so it's not encrypted.

Is there some setting in the CPS somewhere that needs to be set to correct this? This would be a setting that is different from the other systems that are programmed, as they all receive fine.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Flashcode: 500008-000490-8
Platform: XTS2500

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
Q575: 3600 Baud Trunking (Analog/Digital Voice)
Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking

MSS-Dave

Im trying to find my info but I think there is an issue with provisioning in your flash to do 3600 analog and 3600/9600 digital. XTS2500 Radio I had on 3 systems years ago as an authorized user did just this, analog on Type 2 and digital 3600 SmartZone 4.x that migrated to 9600 7.x . My flash was 500098-001488-1. Cant post the decode here for some reason but mine adds Q883 3600/9600 interoperability no Q575 3600 trunking and adds Q574 9600 trunking.

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For each talkgroup that is digital on the 3600 system, make sure to set the TX Voice/Signal Type field to Digital. This field is found on the Talkgroup tab of the Trunking Personality screen.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
For each talkgroup that is digital on the 3600 system, make sure to set the TX Voice/Signal Type field to Digital. This field is found on the Talkgroup tab of the Trunking Personality screen.

This was the issue; all is good now, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.